Windows Phone 7. Error codes: 80072EFD and 83CF0108

Anonymous
2011-03-26T10:28:00+00:00

I have Windows Phone 7 (HTC HD), recently I experience problems with syncing my gmail and hotmail accounts (recieving error code: 80072EFD) and Facebook (recieving error code: 83CF0108) when using mobile internet. More over I can't open gmail.com in a browser as well. When I use Wi-Fi everything is ok. Thanks in advance for your help.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T14:11:34+00:00

Hi gedzius,

When you are using wifi everything is fine, right?

Please verify that on your Windows Phone, all configuration is okay:

  • Settings -> Mobile Network -> Data Connection is on "On"
  • Settings -> Mobile Network -> 3G connection is on "On"

Thanks, Tristan

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-11-20T21:48:37+00:00

    Why does it seem that every time I post this question about error code 80072EFD on my phone, I get no responses?  Where are all the WM experts?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-10-24T02:11:00+00:00

    I am having the same trouble with my AT&T LG C900... the phone appeared to partially sync once, about 3 months ago.  Since then I get the error 80072EFD  every time .  I installed the Mango update, which fixed some other things, but not this.  I had originally installed the Hotmail connector on my Win 7 Pro laptop, but nothing I have done seems to solve this problem.

    If USB sync would come back, I wouldn't have this trouble.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-04-11T19:32:09+00:00

    Hi,

    i was getting the same error today, together with 80072FA8. The thing which solved my problem was to set an APN in Settings -> mobile network -> set (edit) apn.

    the data you implement there is country and carrier dependent, so everyone should look at their carriers' websites in apn configuration. in my case of Orange in Poland it was three times word 'internet'.

    good luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-04-11T02:51:26+00:00

    No, this has not been solved yet- how do we mark this as unanswered?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments