MS Money 2007 on Win XP will not let me connect online telling me that Windows Live cannot verify my sign-in information. This happened in the last couple of days all of a sudden.

Anonymous
2010-11-21T14:09:45+00:00

Suddenly about November 17, 2010, I am not able to login to Microsoft Money 2007 on Windows XP using Windows Live ID.  It just stopped working.  The message states partially:  "Money could not verify your sign-in information.  You can use some Money features ...To regain access to online features, in the upper right corner of Money, point at the online updates icon, and click the down arrow.  Select sign-in with Windows Live ID...".  Well that didn't work either.  I have tried all the fixes recommended by Microsoft in kb891338 document and nothing works.  Did Windows Live ID stop working with Money 2007?  What do I do?

Thanks, Richard

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-11-26T16:51:20+00:00

Same problem, on same date for me as well.  Here is a work-around that allowed me to update my accounts online this morning.

  1. Start MS Money 2007 and enter the Windows Live ID (email address and password that is linked to your MS Money file) to sign in to Money.
  2. Click the checkbox below the password field for "I want to sign in to Money directly, without access to all online services." then click the Next > button.
  3. After MS Money has started, click on the "butterfly" MSN.com icon in the toolbar located across top of MS Money 2007 window.
  4. Once the page loads within the MS Money 2007 browser click on the "Page Options" link in the top right hand corner of the MSN web page, under the Welcome to MSN.

<<<UPDATE on 11/30/2010: If the "My MSN" link is no longer available in the Page Options drop down menu, then scroll about half way down the MSN web page to the Hotmail section, and click the "Sign up" link.  Then follow step 7 below (you can skip step 5 and 6).>>> 

  1. Choose the "My MSN" link from the drop down from the Page Options link.
  2. Once the My MSN page loads within the MS Money 2007 browser click on the "Sign In" link in the top right hand corner of the My MSN web page.
  3. Sign in using your Windows Live ID and password that is linked to your MS Money 2007 file.
  4. Click the down arrow next to the Online Updates icon close to the top right hand corner of the MS Money 2007 window, next to the question mark for show help.

9. Choose the "Sign In with a Windows Live ID" link from the Online Updates drop down.

  1. Sign in using your Windows Live ID and password that is linked to your MS Money 2007 file.

11. Click the Online Updates icon in the MS Money 2007 window, next to the question mark for show help.

  1. Click "Update Now..." button.

Good luck!

Jim

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-12-02T00:11:04+00:00

    This still isn't working for me...I tried changing my password and I am still stuck....I can't pay my bills and feel very helpless. Please help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-12-01T04:27:07+00:00

    Wow...amazing! Thanks so much Jim. I was going bonkers with this one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-12-01T03:47:28+00:00

    Please help me. Jim.  I can't get step 3 to work.  I check "I want to sign in to Money directly, without access to all online services."and click, "Next" but I get the same pop-up error message that says my "e-mail address or password is incorrect."  I can't do anything to get MS Money to start.  What am I doing wrong?

    I have also clicked on the "Forgot your password" link and gone to Windows Live and changed my password.  I think I've done that at least a dozen times.  It doesn't make any difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-11-30T23:32:57+00:00

    Thank you Muddogb52.  I was ready to give up on MS Money which I have used for over 10 years.  That would have really pissed me off.  Why couldn't Microsoft support have provided this answer I don't know.

    Thanks again you are the best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments