Folks, I believe I have an answer to the problem. After trying many different options suggested above without success, I managed to install the service pack. As mentioned in a number of previous messages, the system partition is the root of all evil. The system partition (this is not the partition that has win7 installed) is either too small or is full. You need a minimum of 20M or more for the install to work. My system partition was 100M in size and had only 5M free, this caused the service pack install to fail with the messages indicated above. On freeing up space (20M availability) the install worked successfully. To access the system partition (has no assigned drive letter) you need to use the win7 partition manager software found in the control panel, assign a drive letter to system partition, access the new partition, move a larger enough file from one of the directories onto a win7 partition, freeing up space, run the service pack install, installation should succeed. After rebooting from service pack install , reverse the process, copy file back to system partition and remove the assigned drive letter. All complete ............hope this helps!!!!!
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 error 80004005
I have turned off my antivirus, run the rediness too and the Microsoft Fix It tool. But still will not install the SP1 for my windows 7 Ultimate 64bit system. I get a code 80004005
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Licensing and activation
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2011-07-08T00:06:37+00:00 me sale que windows 7 no es original que hago por que ya me tiene mamado
-
Anonymous
2011-07-07T13:17:24+00:00 What if there is no system partition? I have only two primary partitions, and THERE IS NO WAY to install it.
-
Anonymous
2011-05-29T06:41:05+00:00 I've gone through the same attempts as others, installing a separate "Fix" for updates.... starting with a clean boot .... trying to install from the stand alone download.... etc. etc.... What a Joke.... If it wasn't so frustrating this would be pretty funny.... An "important" Service Pack that is impossible to install!!! That even the techs can't talk you through .... Nice job Microsoft! Maybe just release it when it is ready for prime time ....... I've spent enough hours on this .... I'll wait till there is a Fix for their Patch!!!! Oh, and I have 70MB of spare space on the system partition .... One question for Jakob.... What Live Package specifically ... Live update, Windows Live .... ? What do I uninstall?
-
Anonymous
2011-05-04T12:58:54+00:00 B.Diddy,
Thanks! Your advice was exactly what solved the issue in my case.