network error 0x80070035 the network path was not found

Anonymous
2010-12-22T04:27:15+00:00

I have network problem with Win7 pro. When I click on my network folder links for my local network I geterror 0x80070035 the network path was not found.

The network has been set up for 4 months it includes 3 PC's, up until now the only problems have been minor, such as links disappearing from network, which a system restart has been needed to refresh the network and that worked.

The other 2 PC's can see and access each other and see and access the troubled Win7 Pro PC, but the troubled Win7 Pro PC can't even get to its own network folders without theerror 0x80070035 the network path was not found popping up.

After hours of checking I have found no resolution, however as I restored the PC several times, occasionally the service would reappear for awhile.

In my search for possible causes I have opened Device Manager  with the show hidden devices selected, under Network adapters and found189 instances of Microsoft 6to4 Adapter.

I only have 3 PC's networked! Does anyone know if this is a normal number for Win7 or have I found part of an anomaly.

Any suggestions?

c.maresca

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-23T22:33:25+00:00

Thank you for your input.

In searching for a solution to my Win7 Pro network problem I have been over all of the settings you mentioned before I posted my question and found no problem , everything is as required to have a complete network and the network was fine other than the occasional missing links I described in my original post. The only addition to the PC configuration since the network was originally set up was automatic updates by MS update.

The good news is that as I have researched this to the max, I found 2 posts in the Win7 network forum that combined provided the fix for my network problem.

As I have been researching this I have noticed many people are having similar network issues. I know there are many reasons for connectivity issues, so the solutions are specific to the problems, but if other network users are experiencing the problem of multiple instances of Microsoft 6to4 Adapter and local network error 0x80070035 the network path was not found the solution I located has worked for me.

If you would like to know more reply to this feed.

c.maresca

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-02-23T16:48:24+00:00

    OK...what was your solution? I have the same problem (as lots of people). I have 3 networked/homegroup PCs all with Win 7; 2 32 bit 1 64 bit. One computer gets the error, the other 2 do not. I just need to share files.

    Thanks for any help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-03-31T22:03:22+00:00

    Here is the solution to "error code 0x80070035 network path was not found" on Windows Vista and Windows 7 Computers. Click on the "START" button, select "CONTROL PANEL", and go into "DEVICE MANAGER". Click on "NETWORK ADAPTERS", then click on "VIEW", and select "SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES". In the expanded view you will see a long list of numbered "MICROSOFT 6to4 ADAPTER". My Windows 7 Professional desktop had 200 of them. Right click and select "DELETE" on all but 1 of them. You can only do 1 at a time so it does take a while. When you have only 1 left, restart computer and enjoy being able to see your other network computers, including HOMEGROUP files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-12-23T03:18:25+00:00

    HI,

    Method 1:

    This could be an issue if the security software is interfering with the connection. You may temporarily try to disable the security software and check what happens. Also change the Windows Firewall settings and check if that is causing the issue.

    Disable antivirus software

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Disable-antivirus-software

    Firewall settings

    Firewall: frequently asked questions

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Firewall-frequently-asked-questions

    Understanding Windows Firewall settings

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Understanding-Windows-Firewall-settings

    Allow a program to communicate through Windows Firewall

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Allow-a-program-to-communicate-through-Windows-Firewall

    Method 2:

    The error code 0x80070035 indicates that the network path is not found. This behavior occurs if the NetBIOS over TCP IP is not enabled in Windows Vista. Please follow the steps below.

    a)      Click "Start", input "NCPA.CPL" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

    b)      Right click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click "Properties".

    c)      Click Continue button to verify the administrator permission.

    d)      Click to select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)", and then click "Properties".

    e)      Click "Advanced" button in the open window. On the "WINS" tab, click to select "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP", and then click "OK" to save the setting.

    The following article introduces NetBIOS over TCP/IP

    NetBIOS over TCP/IP

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727013.aspx

    Hope this information is helpful.

    Amrita M

    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-25T17:19:08+00:00

    Why don't you post your solution? What are you afraid of?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments