DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7

Anonymous
2011-10-31T03:21:22+00:00

I would likec to know if there is a DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7 please let me know thank you, send me the file i there is any chance

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T04:29:58+00:00

All hardware support, including any drivers or software that allow it to communicate with an operating system - come from the hardware manufacturer.  In this case - Canon.

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000473.asp

A google search resulted in one possible kludge you could glue together and maybe get some positive (possibly temporary) results...

How to install a CanoScan N650U scanner on Vista or Windows 7

Posted on October 26, 2009 by Daniel

I have an Canon CanoScan N650U scanner that I use a few times a year. Canon never released Vista drivers for this scanner, using the instructions below made the scanner work on Windows 7 for me:

  1. Download the XP drivers from Canon’s website
  2. Install the drivers
  3. The driver didn’t install, but unzipped to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a
  4. Go to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a and uncompress CanoScanCSUv571a.exe
  5. Plug in your scanner
  6. Go to your device manager.
  7. Click on Add a Device and select the scanner
  8. Right click to update driver information
  9. Select browse my computer for driver software
  10. Type in: C:\Temp\CanoScanCSUv571a
  11. Click next and my scanner worked

Update: In the comments Paul wrote, “I used the WIA drivers, which I found here: http://www.normalgeeks.com/Canoscan_WIA.zip”  I haven’t tried it, but’s worth checking out.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Paul Edstein 82,871 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-09-15T22:59:33+00:00

    As I said in my reply of April 11, I have quite successfully use a Canon N650u scanner on Win 7. Yes, that was Win 7 in 32-bit mode and you are correct that the Canon drivers won't work under Win 7 in 64-bit mode. The VueScan drivers, however, do work in both modes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T22:50:15+00:00

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 22:25:36 +0000, Badger821 wrote:

    There are no 64bit drivers for W7 for this scanner, it's too old, Canon no longer support it & Microsoft does not include any driver in the OS, I have followed the above instructions & it doesn't work on the 64bit OS.  That's progress!

    Drivers are provided by the hardware manufacturer, not by Microsoft.
    It's up to the manufacturer of the hardware to write and make
    available for download those drivers. Especially if your hardware is
    older, it may  well be that the manufacturer has decided that it's not
    worth his time and effort to develop drivers for hardware that he is
    no longer selling.

    If the driver you need doesn't exist, I understand that you are
    annoyed. But be annoyed with Canon, not with Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T22:25:36+00:00

    There are no 64bit drivers for W7 for this scanner, it's too old, Canon no longer support it & Microsoft does not include any driver in the OS, I have followed the above instructions & it doesn't work on the 64bit OS.  That's progress!

    You will need a new scanner or, like me keep your old XP Laptop ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Paul Edstein 82,871 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-04-11T03:54:16+00:00

    I would like to hear from the people who posted in this conversation over the years (yes, years) and see if they are still using this device and how often?

    I'm still using my Canon N650U scanner on Win 7... I don't do a lot of scanning (perhaps 100 pages so far this year), so I don't see the need to go out an buy a new one when the old one does all I need.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments