DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7

Anonymous
2011-10-31T03:21:22+00:00

I would likec to know if there is a DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7 please let me know thank you, send me the file i there is any chance

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T04:29:58+00:00

All hardware support, including any drivers or software that allow it to communicate with an operating system - come from the hardware manufacturer.  In this case - Canon.

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000473.asp

A google search resulted in one possible kludge you could glue together and maybe get some positive (possibly temporary) results...

How to install a CanoScan N650U scanner on Vista or Windows 7

Posted on October 26, 2009 by Daniel

I have an Canon CanoScan N650U scanner that I use a few times a year. Canon never released Vista drivers for this scanner, using the instructions below made the scanner work on Windows 7 for me:

  1. Download the XP drivers from Canon’s website
  2. Install the drivers
  3. The driver didn’t install, but unzipped to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a
  4. Go to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a and uncompress CanoScanCSUv571a.exe
  5. Plug in your scanner
  6. Go to your device manager.
  7. Click on Add a Device and select the scanner
  8. Right click to update driver information
  9. Select browse my computer for driver software
  10. Type in: C:\Temp\CanoScanCSUv571a
  11. Click next and my scanner worked

Update: In the comments Paul wrote, “I used the WIA drivers, which I found here: http://www.normalgeeks.com/Canoscan_WIA.zip”  I haven’t tried it, but’s worth checking out.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-21T18:23:30+00:00

    Well that's where you are WRONG because I use OCR on my Canon using (XP) and hence the reference to an $80 fee for software I simply do not require whilst using XP. Many a scanner can be had for $80!

    One wonders if people who write comments on here are closely affiliated with certain (ViewScan) software providers?

    I wouldn't pay 30 cents let alone $30 for this software when I have no need to submit to rip off merchants exploiting people with old hardware.

    I will post no more on this subject or be drawn into puerile irrelevant arguments with people promoting their software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Paul Edstein 82,871 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-09-21T14:15:03+00:00

    Thanks for your reply, I looked into this and your right I could use VueScan software to run my Canon on win7 64bit, but this costs $80! What's the point? I could buy a new scanner for little more.

    VueScan Standard Edition, which is all you need for a  Canon N650U, costs just $29.95, not $80. How many scanners have you bought lately for $29.95? VueScan Pro costs more, but you don't need any of its extra features for the Canon N650U anyway...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-21T12:16:41+00:00

    As I said in my reply of April 11, I have quite successfully use a Canon N650u scanner on Win 7. Yes, that was Win 7 in 32-bit mode and you are correct that the Canon drivers won't work under Win 7 in 64-bit mode. The VueScan drivers, however, do work in both modes.

    Thanks for your reply, I looked into this and your right I could use VueScan software to run my Canon on win7 64bit, but this costs $80! What's the point? I could buy a new scanner for little more.

    I'll stick with plan A I think &  keep the old XP laptop it's always handy to have a back up pc & like millions of others I still prefer XP to all the O/S that have superseded it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments