DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7

Anonymous
2011-10-31T03:21:22+00:00

I would likec to know if there is a DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7 please let me know thank you, send me the file i there is any chance

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T04:29:58+00:00

All hardware support, including any drivers or software that allow it to communicate with an operating system - come from the hardware manufacturer.  In this case - Canon.

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000473.asp

A google search resulted in one possible kludge you could glue together and maybe get some positive (possibly temporary) results...

How to install a CanoScan N650U scanner on Vista or Windows 7

Posted on October 26, 2009 by Daniel

I have an Canon CanoScan N650U scanner that I use a few times a year. Canon never released Vista drivers for this scanner, using the instructions below made the scanner work on Windows 7 for me:

  1. Download the XP drivers from Canon’s website
  2. Install the drivers
  3. The driver didn’t install, but unzipped to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a
  4. Go to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a and uncompress CanoScanCSUv571a.exe
  5. Plug in your scanner
  6. Go to your device manager.
  7. Click on Add a Device and select the scanner
  8. Right click to update driver information
  9. Select browse my computer for driver software
  10. Type in: C:\Temp\CanoScanCSUv571a
  11. Click next and my scanner worked

Update: In the comments Paul wrote, “I used the WIA drivers, which I found here: http://www.normalgeeks.com/Canoscan_WIA.zip”  I haven’t tried it, but’s worth checking out.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-03T03:10:14+00:00

    I have microsoft office and you fail to mention how to have this work as the alternative to the driver for the canon? My computer which is vista x64 does not recognise any driver for this scanner, so how does the office work to make this workable?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-03T03:06:35+00:00

    DOESNT WORK

    I downloaded the software, followed the instructions that was on the site and when opening the software and hitting the button to scan, the message says that there isnt a scanner connected. Also when I connected the software to the computer once the program was open, the computer scans for the driver and there this program does nothing to have the scanner become compatible for use. The software did not prompt me for money, but then it really didnt do anything except give you the hint of the day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-20T23:25:38+00:00

    Hi,

    I am still not helped with all the solutions above(after all these years). I have bought a new scanner. I think both Microsoft and Canon are corrupt and hopefully will burn in hell for steeling from hard workers ;D . I miss my Canonscanner. She was so fine, slim , smooth, fast .

    Peace from Holland,

    Make the cat wise

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Paul Edstein 82,871 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-09-21T20:35:17+00:00

    Well that's where you are WRONG because I use OCR on my Canon using (XP) and hence the reference to an $80 fee for software I simply do not require whilst using XP. Many a scanner can be had for $80!

    One wonders if people who write comments on here are closely affiliated with certain (ViewScan) software providers?

    I wouldn't pay 30 cents let alone $30 for this software when I have no need to submit to rip off merchants exploiting people with old hardware.

    I will post no more on this subject or be drawn into puerile irrelevant arguments with people promoting their software.

    You don't need VueScan or the Canon software to do OCR in Microsoft Windows XP & later. Or hadn't you heard?

    Microsoft Office 2003 and Office 2007 came with MODI, which can do the job quite well - and you can download it for later versions too. And, even if you don't have Microsoft Office, you can download Adobe Acrobat Pro V.8 for free. Either of these products is far more capable at OCR than the software supplied with the N650U ever was.

    I think we both know from your diatribe who's being puerile here. And no, I have never worked for or owned shares in VueScan, Adobe or Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments