DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7

Anonymous
2011-10-31T03:21:22+00:00

I would likec to know if there is a DRIVER FOR CANONSCAN N650U FOR WINDOWS 7 please let me know thank you, send me the file i there is any chance

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-31T04:29:58+00:00

All hardware support, including any drivers or software that allow it to communicate with an operating system - come from the hardware manufacturer.  In this case - Canon.

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000473.asp

A google search resulted in one possible kludge you could glue together and maybe get some positive (possibly temporary) results...

How to install a CanoScan N650U scanner on Vista or Windows 7

Posted on October 26, 2009 by Daniel

I have an Canon CanoScan N650U scanner that I use a few times a year. Canon never released Vista drivers for this scanner, using the instructions below made the scanner work on Windows 7 for me:

  1. Download the XP drivers from Canon’s website
  2. Install the drivers
  3. The driver didn’t install, but unzipped to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a
  4. Go to C:/Temp/CanoScanCSUv571a and uncompress CanoScanCSUv571a.exe
  5. Plug in your scanner
  6. Go to your device manager.
  7. Click on Add a Device and select the scanner
  8. Right click to update driver information
  9. Select browse my computer for driver software
  10. Type in: C:\Temp\CanoScanCSUv571a
  11. Click next and my scanner worked

Update: In the comments Paul wrote, “I used the WIA drivers, which I found here: http://www.normalgeeks.com/Canoscan_WIA.zip”  I haven’t tried it, but’s worth checking out.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-08T23:56:20+00:00

    didnt work for me either...windows 7 ultimate

    64.bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-21T00:09:23+00:00

    I used to use XP Mode in Win 7 and as this cool feature is stolen whenupgrading to win 10 Imigrated my XPMode to a Virtual Box and I use my good old CanoScan N650U as 10 years in the past.

    Ok I need this XP Mode Box anyway because my good old other software has to run there....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-14T13:24:26+00:00

    Perfect OK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-03T21:16:52+00:00

    I have spent a lot of time on this subject, so here are my words of wisdom.

    If you are using Windows 7 (or later)  32bit then there is no problem, follow the load drivers and put in temp folder etc.

    if you are running Windows 7 (or later)  64 bit version then you can install a driver from here:-

    http://www.driverscape.com/download/canoscan-n650u-n656u

    choose the second option, your screen may be different so to help you here is the info on the file I downloaded-

    • Driver Version: 1.0.0.1
    • Release Date: 2009-04-22
    • File Size: 43.82K
    • Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32 & 64bit, Windows 7 32 & 64bit, Windows 8 32 & 64bit

    The above site seems to be a link site to hamrick software which is vuescan but for me the driver above worked (to the point of my Windows 7 64 bit pc recognising the hardware) and it is free. I am new to this site so not sure if I can post the driver file I downloaded etc. 

    So far so good, the scanner is recognised but now we need a Twain driver (I think), the vuescan software can definitely access and scan my scanner BUT it has loads of overlays saying something like "Buy Vuescan" or similar.

    My point is, the hardware can work with Win 7 64 bit and I am tired and need my bed.. so could someone please find a free Twain for me, thank you.

    p.s. I decided to stay up for one more beer so here is some more info :)

    Use virtual software to have an XP environment and the scanner software will run no problem, my favourite is Virtualbox, it allows you to run lots of different operating systems and none of them can harm your Windows installation (assuming you are using windows of course)

    Another option is to go and buy a new hard drive, I have just bought a SDD drive and decided it would be a good idea to update to Windows 7 64 bit. If I really need to use my scanner I can always boot up into my 32 bit Windows 7 and use it. I would like to get rid of the 32 bit Windows altogether

    , the scanner is one of the reasons why I cannot do that right now.

    p.p.s the SDD is working great... so far :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments