7 64-bit Medal of Honor Allied Assault

Anonymous
2010-12-07T15:20:53+00:00

i installed mohaa to a native windows xp 32-bit machine and copied the whole installation folder over to a 7 64-bit machine.

before running the game i ran the configure.exe located in the main install folder then boom.


MOS

this is not a question... this is the fix : )

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-01-02T05:35:23+00:00

"Game won't even start..."

Assuming you are using the  disk based version of the game, your problem would be from a new source.

A malware introduced by MS with Win10 called DRM Blocking , and subversively installed to Win7/8/8.1 via

Windows Updates, that tries to prevent  people from playing hundreds of disk based games.

This game has a file on disk 2 titled secdrv.sys which is targetd by DRM Blocking.

I have a long rant, and options for bypassing the DRM Blocking   --here--  .

  • Using a noCD circumvents both DRM Blocking and the CD check - medal-honor-allied-assaultI used to use this noCD for MOH-AA before I bought the download version with the two expansion packs from

Good Old Games  ( Normally $10 USD, but $5- USD or less when a sale is on).

http://www.gog.com/

.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-28T01:11:10+00:00

ah yes ---- install on my Dell XPS Laptop was a pain --- kept crashing, folders missing... until now.

As noted above, copied EAGAMES folder from my Windows XP desktop onto my XPS laptop.

Placed the folder in C Drive, program files (not x86).

Run configure.exe located in mohaa/main folder... and boom.. works like a charm...well, so far so good

Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-04-14T10:51:43+00:00

Wouldn't have thought that necessary. I was able to install MOH-AA with no compatibility

settings on Win7 64bit.

It may be because I don't install to the default directory - Program Files (x86).

Aside from that all I can think of that may be different is patching the game, and having the Windows updates all installed (except the 'optional'  updates).

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-06T06:37:43+00:00

    "I tried direct x end time user and it doesn't work, it tells me I have a newer version of direct x already and there's no need for further installation."

    Which means what is says, and does work. The other possibility with DX is a corrupt DX file, but normally you would get an error relating to DX if that were the case. When there is a corrupt DX file the full Redist installer needs to be used as it will overwrite all the DX files. The Web Installer only installing 'missing' files.

    "security reasons"

    OK then ! Not a local, so safe to assume yours is the UK/USA version. :D

    Hey! You're not Prince Harry are you  ;) ?

    I haven't run the game without all the patches but don't think is should have the graphical

    corruption you mention when not patched.

    So you can do stuff with MS, Nvidia and DELL but aren't allowed access to EA for patches ?

    That out of the way, hopefully DELL drivers or a software conflict will help.

    There have been problems for some people using the 10th Anaversary re-release version of the early MOH games.  I don't recall what exactly the problem was, or if there was a fix  though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-06T05:09:35+00:00

    I tried direct x end time user and it doesn't work, it tells me I have a newer version of direct x already and there's no need for further installation.

     I mentioned  middle east in general because for security reasons I don't want to specifically mention where I'm located. I mentioned that just in case someone recommended downloading the patch and why I wouldn't be able to.

    I haven't allowed windows update to update my graphics, my notices for updates come from NVidia, but I'll go to dell and see what they have. I'll also try the clean boot.

    I've tried re-installing the game a few times, doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments