7 64-bit Medal of Honor Allied Assault

Anonymous
2010-12-07T15:20:53+00:00

i installed mohaa to a native windows xp 32-bit machine and copied the whole installation folder over to a 7 64-bit machine.

before running the game i ran the configure.exe located in the main install folder then boom.


MOS

this is not a question... this is the fix : )

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-01-02T05:35:23+00:00

"Game won't even start..."

Assuming you are using the  disk based version of the game, your problem would be from a new source.

A malware introduced by MS with Win10 called DRM Blocking , and subversively installed to Win7/8/8.1 via

Windows Updates, that tries to prevent  people from playing hundreds of disk based games.

This game has a file on disk 2 titled secdrv.sys which is targetd by DRM Blocking.

I have a long rant, and options for bypassing the DRM Blocking   --here--  .

  • Using a noCD circumvents both DRM Blocking and the CD check - medal-honor-allied-assaultI used to use this noCD for MOH-AA before I bought the download version with the two expansion packs from

Good Old Games  ( Normally $10 USD, but $5- USD or less when a sale is on).

http://www.gog.com/

.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-28T01:11:10+00:00

ah yes ---- install on my Dell XPS Laptop was a pain --- kept crashing, folders missing... until now.

As noted above, copied EAGAMES folder from my Windows XP desktop onto my XPS laptop.

Placed the folder in C Drive, program files (not x86).

Run configure.exe located in mohaa/main folder... and boom.. works like a charm...well, so far so good

Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-04-14T10:51:43+00:00

Wouldn't have thought that necessary. I was able to install MOH-AA with no compatibility

settings on Win7 64bit.

It may be because I don't install to the default directory - Program Files (x86).

Aside from that all I can think of that may be different is patching the game, and having the Windows updates all installed (except the 'optional'  updates).

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-05T05:40:27+00:00

    Ok, I have a dell xps 17 laptop, running windows 7 64 bit with NVidia GT 555, 3MB graphics card. I installed a legit copy of mohaa, and it installed just fine. The intro video and main menu play perfect. But when I click on the 1st mission ( basic training), the graphics are obscure and the textures are black and yellow, the sound is fine, and I can move about with keyboard/mouse, it's just the black and yellow obscure texture I don't know how to clear up. I tried different compatibilities, and playing with the graphics settings in the options menu, to no avail, still get black and yellow textures. I don't get any error messages. I have direct x 11 and my laptop has all updates. I tried to install the 1.11 patch, but for some reason it won't install, that could be because of where I'm at which is the middle east. I heard that the Breakthrough expansion has 1.11 as part of it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-04T12:21:41+00:00

    I think what  HovhannesHovsepyan,  is talking about is how to run a PIRATE version of

    the game. This would be the ISO file he refers to.

    If you are trying to install a legitimate copy of the game give some details about what is, or

    is not happening, and include the text of any error messages you may get.

    Also include the specifications for you laptops graphics - name and model.

    Installed properly MOH-AA will have no problem running on Win7 64bit.

    MOH-AA  should not even need a Compatibility setting, but it would not hurt to try installing using Compatibility for XP sp2. 

    You can also tick the box next to 'run...as administrator' as an extra precaution.

    Other things that may help with installing and running the game is to install the 'important'

    Windows updates, and update Direct X, if you have not already done so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments