Blue Screen! Asus Laptop Windows 7 64 bit

Anonymous
2010-11-22T23:38:09+00:00

I have an ASUS laptop that is running Windows 7 64 bit.  It blue screens every once in a while.  I haven't noticed this at any specific time or when I am running a particular program.  It is completely random; some days it will blue screen several times, and other days it won't at all.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-12-10T03:36:37+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-12-10T14:00:24+00:00

    The errors were a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e) with no third party driver or third party process referenced.

    This may indicate a hardware issue.

    Can you test the RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic to get a second opinion on the RAM:

    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/715-memory-diagnostics-tool.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-12-10T16:46:06+00:00

    Auggy,

    I just ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and it too detected no errors.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-12-11T15:36:14+00:00

    Here are the newest minidump files, as well as the first zip drive I posted: http://cid-05b957bdddf4a8f2.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=5B957BDDDF4A8F2!108

    I also ran a disk check last night to check for and correct hard drive errors, but the computer still blue screened after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-12-11T20:15:19+00:00

    Amy

    Did chkdsk find any errors? There will be a report in the system log in Event Viewer.


    Hope this helps, Gerry Cornell

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments