Gerry,
There are too many error messages in there right now, and I don't remember exactly when the last blue screen occured, but I will definately check it out immediately after the next time it happens.
Thanks, Amy
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have an ASUS laptop that is running Windows 7 64 bit. It blue screens every once in a while. I haven't noticed this at any specific time or when I am running a particular program. It is completely random; some days it will blue screen several times, and other days it won't at all.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Gerry,
There are too many error messages in there right now, and I don't remember exactly when the last blue screen occured, but I will definately check it out immediately after the next time it happens.
Thanks, Amy
Andre,
Here is the link to the zip file: http://cid-05b957bdddf4a8f2.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/101410-29094-01.zip
WillTell,
I tried that. Hopefully it helps.
Thanks, Amy
Do you know when the last blue screen occurred? If yes you will find it easily by looking in the System log of Event Viewer at the time and date it occurred. It will show as an Error.
To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System.
Place the cursor on System, right click and select Filter Current Log. Check the box before Error and click on OK and you see only Error reports. Click on the Date and Time Header to sort. You may need to click a second time to see the latest Report at the top.
A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a
button resembling two pages. Click the button and close Event
Viewer.Now start your message (email) and do a paste into the body of
the message. Make sure this is the first paste after exiting from
Event Viewer.
Hope this helps, Gerry Cornell
A bugcheck (BSOD) is a mechanism to protect your PC from damage.
To see the cause I have to take a look at the dumps with the Debugging Tools for Windows.
Please start the Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump. Next, copy the dmp files to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and upload the zip file to your public Skydrive [1] folder and post a link here.
André
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/