yes you can use a CD-R
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have an ASUS laptop that is running Windows 7 64 bit. It blue screens every once in a while. I haven't noticed this at any specific time or when I am running a particular program. It is completely random; some days it will blue screen several times, and other days it won't at all.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
yes you can use a CD-R
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
Andre,
Is it possible to use a CD-R for this?
Hi Gerry,
Sorry, I didn't understand what your first message was about until I reread it today.
Here is the latest error, but it was yesterday, and my computer did not blue screen at all yesterday, so I don't know if it is relevant:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
and APPID
{344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Arg1: 00000000c0000005
//
// MessageId: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
//
// MessageText:
//
// The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
//
#define STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION ((NTSTATUS)0xC0000005 L)
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STACK_TEXT:
nt!KeBugCheckEx
nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x40e8b
nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
win32k!RFONTOBJ::vDeleteRFONT +0x348
you have so many different crashes but all have memory related crashes.
So it looks like your RAM is damaged. Please download memtest86+ [1], burn a new bootable CD (use a CD-RW if possible) from the ISO (download and use ImgBurn [2] to do this), reboot your PC and scan your RAM 4-5hours for errors. If it detects errors, replace the faulty RAM.
André
[1] http://www.memtest.org/download/4.10/memtest86+-4.10.iso.zip
[2] http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
Amy
Please try what I suggestered in my last message. It does not really matter if you cannot remember the exact time the last error occurred.
Using the filter as I suggested will reduce the number of reports you see dramatically. Using the sort feature on Date and Time wil put the latest Error at the top of the list. Let's start there.
The suggestion by Andre could enable him to pinpoint the error more precisely than what I am suggesting but it could involve features in Windows 7 you may not be using. This could therefore be a steeper learning curve than my proposal. If you can post the right error report from Event Viewer we would know a lot more about the nature of the problem to be resolved.
Hope this helps, Gerry Cornell