Auggy,
Alright I uninstalled WebRoot and installed Microsoft Security Essentials, so I will let you know how that goes. If I get another blue screen I will post the minidump files.
Thanks so much, Amy
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have an ASUS laptop that is running Windows 7 64 bit. It blue screens every once in a while. I haven't noticed this at any specific time or when I am running a particular program. It is completely random; some days it will blue screen several times, and other days it won't at all.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Auggy,
Alright I uninstalled WebRoot and installed Microsoft Security Essentials, so I will let you know how that goes. If I get another blue screen I will post the minidump files.
Thanks so much, Amy
For the time being, rather than using AVG, consider using Microsoft Security Essentials which installs a minimum of drivers.
Also, if you receive any more blue screens after uninstalling the Webroot software please make available the minidump file(s).
Auggy,
Yes, I have Webroot. I'll try uninstalling that. I've used AVG before, so I'll probably install that program then, unless that will cause problems still.
I don't see Spy Sweeper as a program on my control panel, so I'm not sure about that.
Is there an entry in "Uninstall a program" for "Webroot"?
Hi Auggy,
I don't see Spy Sweeper as a program on my control panel, so I'm not sure about that.
There are a lot of downloads on that link. What in particular should I be looking for?
And I Googled it, but I am not sure where/how to download the hot key drivers.
Thanks, Amy