Can anyone help me figure out what these disk check results mean?
And I added more minidump files today: http://cid-05b957bdddf4a8f2.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=5B957BDDDF4A8F2!108
Thanks, Amy
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have an ASUS laptop that is running Windows 7 64 bit. It blue screens every once in a while. I haven't noticed this at any specific time or when I am running a particular program. It is completely random; some days it will blue screen several times, and other days it won't at all.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Can anyone help me figure out what these disk check results mean?
And I added more minidump files today: http://cid-05b957bdddf4a8f2.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=5B957BDDDF4A8F2!108
Thanks, Amy
Amy
That is not a clean report. Unfortunately at the moment I do not know what it means.
Hope this helps, Gerry Cornell
Hi Gerry,
I just checked the event viewer. I don't think the disk check found any errors... as far as I can tell, but I'm not sure how to read the results. Here is the text:
Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is OS.
A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.
CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
141056 file records processed. File verification completed.
210 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. 0 EA records processed. 76 reparse records processed. CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
191878 index entries processed. Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered. CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
141056 file SDs/SIDs processed. Cleaning up 301 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 301 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 301 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.
25412 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
37729016 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
141040 files processed. File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
96322508 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the master file table (MFT) bitmap.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.
467902684 KB total disk space.
82278928 KB in 100914 files.
74700 KB in 25413 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
259024 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
385290032 KB available on disk.
4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
116975671 total allocation units on disk.
96322508 allocation units available on disk.
Internal Info:
00 27 02 00 83 ed 01 00 ff a0 03 00 00 00 00 00 .'..............
4f 17 00 00 4c 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 O...L...........
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.
Amy
Did chkdsk find any errors? There will be a report in the system log in Event Viewer.
Hope this helps, Gerry Cornell
Here are the newest minidump files, as well as the first zip drive I posted: http://cid-05b957bdddf4a8f2.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=5B957BDDDF4A8F2!108
I also ran a disk check last night to check for and correct hard drive errors, but the computer still blue screened after that.