Blue Screen! Asus Laptop Windows 7 64 bit

Anonymous
2010-11-22T23:38:09+00:00

I have an ASUS laptop that is running Windows 7 64 bit.  It blue screens every once in a while.  I haven't noticed this at any specific time or when I am running a particular program.  It is completely random; some days it will blue screen several times, and other days it won't at all.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-12-10T16:46:06+00:00

    Auggy,

    I just ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and it too detected no errors.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-12-10T14:00:24+00:00

    The errors were a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e) with no third party driver or third party process referenced.

    This may indicate a hardware issue.

    Can you test the RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic to get a second opinion on the RAM:

    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/715-memory-diagnostics-tool.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-12-10T03:36:37+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-12-07T17:12:04+00:00

    Auggy,

    Alright I uninstalled WebRoot and installed Microsoft Security Essentials, so I will let you know how that goes.  If I get another blue screen I will post the minidump files.

    Thanks so much, Amy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-12-07T04:45:44+00:00

    For the time being, rather than using AVG, consider using Microsoft Security Essentials which installs a minimum of drivers.

    Also, if you receive any more blue screens after uninstalling the Webroot software please make available the minidump file(s).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments