Blue Screen! Asus Laptop Windows 7 64 bit

Anonymous
2010-11-22T23:38:09+00:00

I have an ASUS laptop that is running Windows 7 64 bit.  It blue screens every once in a while.  I haven't noticed this at any specific time or when I am running a particular program.  It is completely random; some days it will blue screen several times, and other days it won't at all.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-12-06T17:11:10+00:00

    Have you changed or modified your Power Plans, have you Disabled Turbo 33?

    PS. I use a UL50VT


    If I brought you Joy, cast your Vote! If I answered your question, click, Propose As Answer! >WT<

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-12-06T15:46:21+00:00

    Hi Andre,

    Thanks for your help.  I was able to burn the ISO to a CD-R and boot the computer from the disc.  I ran the Memory Test while I was sleeping, since I wasn't sure how long it would take.  It ended up performing 9 passes and finding aboslutely zero errors.

    Not sure where to go from here.

    • Amy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-11-26T15:04:56+00:00

    Have you exacted the ISO from the ZIP? Windows 7 includes a ISO burning tool, make a double click on the ISO. Does this work?

    Do you have a USB thumb drive?

    if yes, use this installer:

    http://www.memtest.org/download/4.10/memtest86+-4.10.usb.installer.zip

    to make the USB drive bootable.


    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-11-25T19:52:36+00:00

    Andre,

    I did everything and burned the file to the disc (a CD-RW) with ImgBurn.  I rebooted my computer, and nothing different happened.  I tried opening the disc and running the file from there but it just opens Windows Disc Image Burner.  Not sure what is going on or what to do from here...

    Thanks, Amy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2010-11-25T19:39:03+00:00

    Gerry,

    Model: UL80J

    Sorry, what question am I looking for the answer for in the manual?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments