I'm looking for post ver. 1.54 of Ontime for Windows calendar software (by Campbell Services, Inc. a Michigan corporation no longer in existence) for Windows 7.

Anonymous
2011-10-29T01:36:12+00:00

I'm looking for post ver. 1.54 of Ontime for Windows calendar software (by Campbell Services, Inc. a Michigan corporation no longer in existence) for Windows 7.

I began using OnTime when the only PCs were MS-Dos, and it worked great!

Windows came out and I called Campbell and they mailed me OnTime for Windows ver. 1.54 (May 13, 1994) which I have been using ever since, all the way through all the Windows XP versions - - until I got new computers with Windows 7, which OnTime will not install on :(

I want to keep using OnTime for Windows, now with Windows 7 - - PLEASE HELP!!!  Thank You!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-29T09:11:42+00:00

Hi Theodore

I doubt if you will find that particular version of Ontime that will work on Windows 7.

Campbell Services sold out in 1996 and the Ontime product has been sold and resold several times since then.

Here is a link to the current owner.

OnTime Scheduling Suite:

http://ontimesuite.com/

Regards

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-06T21:35:11+00:00

    While the software is in development and is as yet unnamed, is there a string that would work to search for the finished product when it's ready (or close to ready)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-07T03:21:15+00:00

    Judith Barry, As you can see from the post above you, Campbell says, "new Calendar will probably be released late this year. It will not be called Ontime though, as many companies used the Ontime name in their software. But what I can assure you is the following:

    Will work and act like Ontime.

    Will have better functions.

    Will be able to import files from the Ontime calendar to the new version so you can keep your clients and information.

    It will also look close to the original Ontime Calendar. But the look will be more appealing and harmonious I will be adding contact information soon, so others can get a chance to view our website and progress." 

    ========================================================

    Me personally, I am getting tired of waiting for this calendar and they are dragging their **** on the production of this and not really keeping us up to date on the progress. There's a lot of calendars available out there, maybe I should just scrap this one and grab a contemporary one that works with current operating systems. Is there anything very good out there someone wants to recommend?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T15:41:34+00:00

    Some things that seem too good to be true are too good to be true.  I think if David Campbell had anything encouraging to report since January, he would have done so by now.  He left a cell number in an earlier post.  When dialed, it reaches an asphalt paving company.  There are dozens of modern calendar programs available, most of which are web-based and most of which are pay-as-you-go.  We are in the age of software that you rent.  Reasonable monthly costs but you never stop paying it.  I was holding out for the Campbells because I tend to be a loyal software guy and I liked the idea of importing the old database as we move forward.  But I can't wait any longer.  OnTime doesn't function in a stable fashion on a 64 bit server and we have to retire our old 32 bit server running Server 2003 by July.  With it will go OnTime.  Unless David Campbell jumps back on the scene....... Are you there???

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-08T17:39:43+00:00

    Hi Mike, I just use my version 1.51 program for myself.  I'm a database software developer, and if I needed something for a network of folks, I'd take a quick look around, and if I couldn't find the right combination, I'd write one myself.  I'm not sure what constraints apply in server software, but older tools like I've written won't work on 64 bit windows.  They work just fine on 32 bit Windows.  If your server software is available in 32 bit, OnTime will likely continue to work fine for you.  I just wanted to pass that along to other possibilities.  Best wishes!

    Bill

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments