I'm looking for post ver. 1.54 of Ontime for Windows calendar software (by Campbell Services, Inc. a Michigan corporation no longer in existence) for Windows 7.

Anonymous
2011-10-29T01:36:12+00:00

I'm looking for post ver. 1.54 of Ontime for Windows calendar software (by Campbell Services, Inc. a Michigan corporation no longer in existence) for Windows 7.

I began using OnTime when the only PCs were MS-Dos, and it worked great!

Windows came out and I called Campbell and they mailed me OnTime for Windows ver. 1.54 (May 13, 1994) which I have been using ever since, all the way through all the Windows XP versions - - until I got new computers with Windows 7, which OnTime will not install on :(

I want to keep using OnTime for Windows, now with Windows 7 - - PLEASE HELP!!!  Thank You!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-29T09:11:42+00:00

Hi Theodore

I doubt if you will find that particular version of Ontime that will work on Windows 7.

Campbell Services sold out in 1996 and the Ontime product has been sold and resold several times since then.

Here is a link to the current owner.

OnTime Scheduling Suite:

http://ontimesuite.com/

Regards

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-25T15:25:08+00:00

    GrudgeDB,

    I don't know how I missed your reply until now.  Sorry.  I think there is a good chance your key disk would open 10 for me and mine would open 10 for you.  There is no server at OpenText checking for duplication anymore.  Couldn't hurt to try.  I would think the versions of our software would matter.  As I posted, I have Version 5.00.27.  Is that close to what you have?  How do you suggest we exchange files or trade disks temporarily?

    This is hopeful!!

    NancyLor,

    That version of the software is really old.  If it were me, I would back everything up carefully and then reinstall the setup or install program to see if that fixes what probably got corrupted.  Your data should remain safe and you can always go back to your backups if it fails or makes it worse.

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-25T16:54:58+00:00

    Mike, Thank you!

    It's been so long since I did a workstation install I don't remember how.

    Is it the WSinstall.exe I need to run?  How would I recover the calendar appointments from the backup and get them into the new install?

    Any help is much appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-25T17:07:11+00:00

    Sorry.  I wouldn't want to say for sure since you are using an extremely old version of the software that is well before the first version of OnTime that I started to use.  My guess is that reinstalling the program would not affect the data.  Furthermore, I wouldn't assume that it is only a workstation issue.  You might need to reinstall the program on the server.  Again, backing everything up so that you can revert back to exactly where you were is crucial.  Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-29T12:46:33+00:00

    Mike - I'm in same situation. If you find a key disk, would you let me know.

    If I sent you a copy of my key disk files, do you think it would increase your users by 10?

    Hello again, GrudgeDB.  I would love to discuss the possibility of temporarily swapping key disks or transmitting the files on them via email.  Are you interested?  If so, we can try to figure out how to get in touch with each other.  Thanks!

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments