I'm looking for post ver. 1.54 of Ontime for Windows calendar software (by Campbell Services, Inc. a Michigan corporation no longer in existence) for Windows 7.

Anonymous
2011-10-29T01:36:12+00:00

I'm looking for post ver. 1.54 of Ontime for Windows calendar software (by Campbell Services, Inc. a Michigan corporation no longer in existence) for Windows 7.

I began using OnTime when the only PCs were MS-Dos, and it worked great!

Windows came out and I called Campbell and they mailed me OnTime for Windows ver. 1.54 (May 13, 1994) which I have been using ever since, all the way through all the Windows XP versions - - until I got new computers with Windows 7, which OnTime will not install on :(

I want to keep using OnTime for Windows, now with Windows 7 - - PLEASE HELP!!!  Thank You!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-29T09:11:42+00:00

Hi Theodore

I doubt if you will find that particular version of Ontime that will work on Windows 7.

Campbell Services sold out in 1996 and the Ontime product has been sold and resold several times since then.

Here is a link to the current owner.

OnTime Scheduling Suite:

http://ontimesuite.com/

Regards

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-28T21:15:44+00:00

    Hi Theodore and Ronnie,

    I'm sorry to "disappoint" you both, but the OnTime Group Calendar from www.ontimesuite.com has nothing to do with the Windows calendar made by Campbell back in the 90's and has never been that.

    The OnTime Group Calendar is a business group calendar solution primary focussed on large environments supporting the IBM Lotus Notes/Domino collaboration platform and the IBM Connections Social platform.

    Very funny of me stumbling over your tread since I was just contacted today by Tom Campbell himself who was curious about what our product was all about.

    So I hope that you will find a good replacement out there in the Windows world, but it may be hard. I have had several contacts at our website asking the same questions as you do and feel the same way for, what must have been an amazing product beck then (sorry, but I have never seen it myself).

    Good luck and all the best :)

    Lars Schorling

    Chief Sales Officer and Partner

    IntraVision

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T22:10:41+00:00

    Hi there.  I have a 2002 Windows version of OnTime that we use on Windows7 computers.  The database sits on a Windows Server 2003 server and runs flawlessly.  We moved the database to a 2008R2 server but it got funky and would crash occasionally so we moved it back to the Server 2003 box.  I would gladly share the software with you but I bought only a 10 user key disk.  I would LOVE to find someone who could share or sell a 10, 100 or unlimited user key disk as we have grown since OpenText dropped the software.  We have figured out some ways to work around the limitations of only 10 users but we would love to continue to use the software in the future by finding a way to get a new key disk.  If anyone has any ideas, let me know.  Surely there are some of these floppies sitting around in the world in the offices of folks who have long since given up using this great but abandoned software.

    BTW, I would think you could easily set up a Virtual XP machine in your Windows 7 boxes to run the OnTime version you have.  Have you tried that?

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-04T22:44:44+00:00

    Theodore. Here is your best answer. You can use ontime for windows with windows 7, but not windows 8.  DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ontime  to a windows 7 computer.  All you have to do is to copy the files off the disk or from your already installed version on your computer to any windows 7 directory or a flash drive. Then go to my computer, go to the directory,  and click on otwin.exe file and the calendar will open. If you have the  same  files copied where your calendar entries where recorded, you will retain all of your appointments. Hope this helps. Any other questions, email me directlly at ******@cs.com. I am looking for a way to run this calendar on windows 8. if anyone knows,  please let me know. thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-04T23:23:52+00:00

    This all sounds correct to me and matches my experience with W7. 

    Does anyone have a user key disk they are not using or will sell??  I only have 10 users allowed with the disk I purchased before the company went under and away.  I would love to be able to expand the program to use 10 more users.  Please let me know if you have any ideas about how to get a user key floppy disk.  You can reach me at ******@northshoregroup.com.

    Thanks!

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments