I'm looking for post ver. 1.54 of Ontime for Windows calendar software (by Campbell Services, Inc. a Michigan corporation no longer in existence) for Windows 7.

Anonymous
2011-10-29T01:36:12+00:00

I'm looking for post ver. 1.54 of Ontime for Windows calendar software (by Campbell Services, Inc. a Michigan corporation no longer in existence) for Windows 7.

I began using OnTime when the only PCs were MS-Dos, and it worked great!

Windows came out and I called Campbell and they mailed me OnTime for Windows ver. 1.54 (May 13, 1994) which I have been using ever since, all the way through all the Windows XP versions - - until I got new computers with Windows 7, which OnTime will not install on :(

I want to keep using OnTime for Windows, now with Windows 7 - - PLEASE HELP!!!  Thank You!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-29T09:11:42+00:00

Hi Theodore

I doubt if you will find that particular version of Ontime that will work on Windows 7.

Campbell Services sold out in 1996 and the Ontime product has been sold and resold several times since then.

Here is a link to the current owner.

OnTime Scheduling Suite:

http://ontimesuite.com/

Regards

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-04T16:14:18+00:00

    As I recall, the virtual machine has options to enable support for and access to things like USB ports, CDs and probably LPT ports.  I know because I needed to install some software via CD on the virtual machine and had to enable the resource of the CD on the physical machine.  The trick for you is getting the virtual machine to see those devices that are really resources of the physical machine.  Pretty sure you can get a printer connected to your physical machine to be useful for the virtual machine but it will take trial and error.  I wouldn't be so sure about ever getting a network printer to work but perhaps.  Your problem is not which printer you use but getting the virtual machine ports mapped to the physical machine ports.

    GrudgeDB, would still love to hear back from you!!

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-31T13:30:39+00:00

    Need Help. I have recently followed your instructions and now have the original version of ontime set up in an XP virtual section of a windows 7 computer. The calendar software works fine , but I am now having a printing problem. I am receiving a error message which says " Unable to start print job. Trouble find DC". I have tried several different printers and none of them will work. any ideas about what I can do to print the calendar?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-29T13:47:23+00:00

    The forum software will obscure any email address you post. To make contact with someone else here, you'd have to post an address as name at domain dot com to fool the filters. I'd use a throwaway address (e.g. How to create a new free Microsoft outlook.com email account) to start with, just in case someone trawls through these forum pages looking for potential spam victims.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-29T12:46:33+00:00

    Mike - I'm in same situation. If you find a key disk, would you let me know.

    If I sent you a copy of my key disk files, do you think it would increase your users by 10?

    Hello again, GrudgeDB.  I would love to discuss the possibility of temporarily swapping key disks or transmitting the files on them via email.  Are you interested?  If so, we can try to figure out how to get in touch with each other.  Thanks!

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments