I'm looking for post ver. 1.54 of Ontime for Windows calendar software (by Campbell Services, Inc. a Michigan corporation no longer in existence) for Windows 7.

Anonymous
2011-10-29T01:36:12+00:00

I'm looking for post ver. 1.54 of Ontime for Windows calendar software (by Campbell Services, Inc. a Michigan corporation no longer in existence) for Windows 7.

I began using OnTime when the only PCs were MS-Dos, and it worked great!

Windows came out and I called Campbell and they mailed me OnTime for Windows ver. 1.54 (May 13, 1994) which I have been using ever since, all the way through all the Windows XP versions - - until I got new computers with Windows 7, which OnTime will not install on :(

I want to keep using OnTime for Windows, now with Windows 7 - - PLEASE HELP!!!  Thank You!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-10-29T09:11:42+00:00

Hi Theodore

I doubt if you will find that particular version of Ontime that will work on Windows 7.

Campbell Services sold out in 1996 and the Ontime product has been sold and resold several times since then.

Here is a link to the current owner.

OnTime Scheduling Suite:

http://ontimesuite.com/

Regards

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-24T20:50:36+00:00

    I have been using Ontime for Windows 1.54 under Win 7 for quite a while.

    However yesterday, it suddenly failed. When I clicked on the program icon, I got "virtual device driver format in the registry is invalid" message in a popup box. I haven't been able to figure out how to correct whatever is ailing me, and now I can't get into the program at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-08T12:08:00+00:00

    Just to clarify, Millie Lillie is correct that the OnTime server service needs to run in a 32-bit machine.  However, but we have the OnTime client software installed on 64-bit W7 machines all over our suite.  It runs in a very stable fashion.  Actually, the server piece installs and runs on a 64-bit server, but the service crashes unpredictably.  We know because we tried it and had to move the service back to our old server.

    Millie Lillie or ANYONE with a key disk, I would love to speak with you to see if we can both expand the number of users we have available.  I have only 10 users which seemed like plenty at the time the developers dropped the product.  Now I would LOVE to at least double that.  I am guessing that if I exchange floppy disks with another former customer, we can both unlock more users for our OnTime installations.  If anyone is interested or has questions, please contact me at mhawthorne at northshoregroup dot com.

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-08T02:58:00+00:00

    you can use ontime for windows calender on your computer up to windows 7.  The only catch with windows 7 or any other place it doesn't work (EXCLUDING WINDOWS 8),  Is that you have to have a 32 bit machine. It WILL NOT work on a 64 bit machine. It is an old program and was never programmed for 64 bit machines.

    You do not have to install ontime from an installation disk - although you can. You can copy the files from wherever you have them or can find them or whomever can send them to you. Copy the files to a directory and you manually open it up by going into the ontime directory and clicking on the otwin.exe file - This always works. 

    If you have a windows 8 machine, it's time to upgrade to another calendar.  The only exception would be is if you could boot in xp mode, but again, you would have to have a 32 bit operating system and I don't believe that you can get one with windows 8. But I am sure you can find one with windows 7.  Any other questions email me directly at ******@cs.com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-08T02:50:28+00:00

    You can use ontime for window calender on your computer up to windows 7.  The only catch with windows 7 or any other place it doesn't work (EXCLUDING WINDOWS 8),  Is that you have to have a 32 bit machine. It WILL NOT work on a 64 bit machine. It is an old program and was never programmed for 64 bit machines.

    You do not have to install ontime from an installation disk - although you can. You can copy the files from wherever you have them or can find them or whomever can send them to you. Copy the files to a directory and you manually open it up by going into the ontime directory and clicking on the otwin.exe file - This always works. 

    If you have a windows 8 machine, it's time to upgrade to another calendar.  The only exception would be is if you could boot in xp mode, but again, you would have to have a 32 bit operating system and I don't believe that you can get one with windows 8. But I am sure you can find one with windows 7.  Any other questions email me directly at ******@cs.com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments