Windows 7 Home Premium Corrupted file PINTLGB.IMD

Anonymous
2011-09-24T18:07:40+00:00

Since a week I've encountered serious troubles with my Windows Explorer, it kept crashing and it was almost impossible to reach my documents. I ran sfc /scannow and the following came up:

 "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".

I had a look at cbs.logs and the files that could not be repaired are three files much the same as this;

CSI    00000232 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"PINTLGB.IMD" of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

After thorough searching (I did a clean boot without any result, so I think no third-party software was involved) I found no solution and decided to reinstall windows  today. Just after succesfully installing windows, I again did the sfc /scannow, the result was the same corrupted file as shown above. How is this possible? I do not know if this corrupted file is the cause of the crashing of my windows explorer and until now (after reinstalling windows) I'v not experienced any crash.

But I want to be sure that this corrupted file doesn't cause any more troubles, how can I solve this and why is it corrupted after a succesful install of windows 7?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sébastien

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-04-05T10:59:08+00:00

Hi all!

I have an ASUS X53E and encountred excactly the same problems as you all. I solved it by uninstalling the ASUS Webstorage appliance through the control panel. It turns out that was what caused me the problems. Hope that (quick) solution works for you aswell!

Seems to have worked for me too.

I recall in the last few days just browsing and launching some of the asus software bundled and that coincided with this explorer problem rearing it's ugly head.

Thanks for your help!

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-07T21:24:02+00:00

    Richard -- I have the sme issue with crashing and the same corrupt files.  Please let me know if ou make any head way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-09T11:47:35+00:00

    Richard,

    I had an upgrade copy for windows 7 home premium that I had used to update my desktop and was able to fix the problem by doing an upgrade as described in this article: http://www.pcworld.in/how-to/repair-corrupt-windows-7-installation.  You have to upgrade to the exact same version of windows 7 that you have.  For me, I had windows 7 home premium 64 bit.  In order for the upgrade to work, I had to run setup in compatability mode for windows vista (service pack 2) as described in the article.  The end result, no corrupt files show up in sfc/scannow at all.  I have not experienced the same unstable performance or crashes as of yet.  Also, when you register the software and use the product key on the bottom of your computer, it will register as a genuine windows product.  You'll want to update your intel drivers from the intel website once the upgrade is complete.

    The point you need to get across to asus is that their copy of windows 7 is corrupt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-08-11T09:06:20+00:00

    I have the exact same issue. I have an ASUS laptop, with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. I was following the tutorial here ( http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/42776-extract-files-windows-7-installation-dvd.html) in order to replace these files. Because my OS came with the laptop, and I didn't have any disks to save a repair disk to, I borrowed a win7 disk from a friend. Having followed the steps in the tutorial, I then searched the win7 disk to find the corrupted files. However the file (pintlgb.imd) doesn't seem to excist, at least not in the folder the sfc scan says it should be in ('IME\IMESC5\DICTS'). This is strange.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-08-11T09:19:58+00:00

    I have the exact same issue. I have an ASUS laptop, with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. I was following the tutorial here ( http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/42776-extract-files-windows-7-installation-dvd.html) in order to replace these files. Because my OS came with the laptop, and I didn't have any disks to save a repair disk to, I borrowed a win7 disk from a friend. Having followed the steps in the tutorial, I then searched the win7 disk to find the corrupted files. However the file (pintlgb.imd) doesn't seem to excist, at least not in the folder the sfc scan says it should be in ('IME\IMESC5\DICTS'). This is strange. 

    Correction, I was looking in the wrong file. The file is indeed on the disk.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments