Windows 7 Home Premium Corrupted file PINTLGB.IMD

Anonymous
2011-09-24T18:07:40+00:00

Since a week I've encountered serious troubles with my Windows Explorer, it kept crashing and it was almost impossible to reach my documents. I ran sfc /scannow and the following came up:

 "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".

I had a look at cbs.logs and the files that could not be repaired are three files much the same as this;

CSI    00000232 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"PINTLGB.IMD" of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

After thorough searching (I did a clean boot without any result, so I think no third-party software was involved) I found no solution and decided to reinstall windows  today. Just after succesfully installing windows, I again did the sfc /scannow, the result was the same corrupted file as shown above. How is this possible? I do not know if this corrupted file is the cause of the crashing of my windows explorer and until now (after reinstalling windows) I'v not experienced any crash.

But I want to be sure that this corrupted file doesn't cause any more troubles, how can I solve this and why is it corrupted after a succesful install of windows 7?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sébastien

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-04-05T10:59:08+00:00

Hi all!

I have an ASUS X53E and encountred excactly the same problems as you all. I solved it by uninstalling the ASUS Webstorage appliance through the control panel. It turns out that was what caused me the problems. Hope that (quick) solution works for you aswell!

Seems to have worked for me too.

I recall in the last few days just browsing and launching some of the asus software bundled and that coincided with this explorer problem rearing it's ugly head.

Thanks for your help!

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-01T00:18:40+00:00

    You can download a proper version of Windows 7 + SP1 here : http://www.winmacsofts.com/2011/08/telechargement-direct-de-liso-de-windows-7-avec-sp1/

    It's legal and you just have to use your serial number to valisate windows...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-10-01T09:58:33+00:00

    To me it definitely looks like an Asus distribution fault.

    I searched the Windows folder for the location of PINTLGB.IMD on both my Asus K93SV and my older HP Pavilion DV8 (both running Windows 7 64-bit), and on the HP I found the file in only 2 locations:

    C:\Windows\IME\IMESC5\DICTS

    C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..lified-chinese-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_763763505e93084b

    whereas on the Asus the file was found in 3 locations:

    C:\Windows\IME\IMESC5\DICTS

    C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..lified-chinese-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_763763505e93084b

    C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..lified-chinese-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_74064f8861a484b1

    All these files on both systems were 326858 bytes in size and dated 10-6-2009 23:02, such that superficially they all looked like identical copies.

    I then ran "sfc /scannow" on the HP, resulting in "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations", so that system seems clean and I could consider copying its PINTLGB.IMD to the Asus. However, I wanted to know which of the 3 instances of this file on the Asus were corrupted, so I ran Windiff on the clean HP copy from its DICTS and "4b" folder against the DICTS, "4b" and "b1" folder variants of the Asus. It turned out that the 3 PINTLGB.IMD copies on the Asus were all mutually identical, and the 2 PINTLGB.IMD files on the HP were also mutually identical, while the mutually identical copies on the HP differed from the mutually identical copies on the Asus. So it looks like all 3 copies on the Asus are corrupt. I wonder what the best and safest procedure is for overwriting the corrupted Asus copies, because Windows does not grant Administrator the permission to overwrite these system files (only "TrustedInstaller" has that permission). I probably need to reboot into safe mode with a command prompt (pressing F8 during reboot) to avoid loading Windows, but I did not try this yet, and it would be a bit of a pain without further preparations because of the very long folder names.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-10-01T18:35:41+00:00

    I've had this same problem and it seems to me like it's a problem involving installing Office 2010 inappropriately, ending the installation early, or perhaps using a corrupted version. I currently have this file corrupted and no idea how to fix it except to re-install Windows. Sadly it seems that's the only solution to this problem as no one offers this file anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-10-01T19:33:14+00:00

    My Asus K93SV came with Microsoft Office 2010 pre-installed. I did not yet touch it, activate it or uninstall it, so if there is anything wrong with Office 2010 then it would still be Asus' fault. I hope Asus will distribute a patch once they become aware of the problem (assuming that it affects a whole batch of shipped PCs), because it is messy and quite hard to overwrite a system file, and re-installing Windows is too painful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments