Windows 7 Home Premium Corrupted file PINTLGB.IMD

Anonymous
2011-09-24T18:07:40+00:00

Since a week I've encountered serious troubles with my Windows Explorer, it kept crashing and it was almost impossible to reach my documents. I ran sfc /scannow and the following came up:

 "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".

I had a look at cbs.logs and the files that could not be repaired are three files much the same as this;

CSI    00000232 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"PINTLGB.IMD" of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

After thorough searching (I did a clean boot without any result, so I think no third-party software was involved) I found no solution and decided to reinstall windows  today. Just after succesfully installing windows, I again did the sfc /scannow, the result was the same corrupted file as shown above. How is this possible? I do not know if this corrupted file is the cause of the crashing of my windows explorer and until now (after reinstalling windows) I'v not experienced any crash.

But I want to be sure that this corrupted file doesn't cause any more troubles, how can I solve this and why is it corrupted after a succesful install of windows 7?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sébastien

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-04-05T10:59:08+00:00

Hi all!

I have an ASUS X53E and encountred excactly the same problems as you all. I solved it by uninstalling the ASUS Webstorage appliance through the control panel. It turns out that was what caused me the problems. Hope that (quick) solution works for you aswell!

Seems to have worked for me too.

I recall in the last few days just browsing and launching some of the asus software bundled and that coincided with this explorer problem rearing it's ugly head.

Thanks for your help!

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-01T00:18:40+00:00

    You can download a proper version of Windows 7 + SP1 here : http://www.winmacsofts.com/2011/08/telechargement-direct-de-liso-de-windows-7-avec-sp1/

    It's legal and you just have to use your serial number to valisate windows...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-30T13:05:27+00:00

    That is what I think also because even after reinstalling windows I've this corrupted file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-30T09:01:05+00:00

    After running "sfc /scannow" for my brand new Asus K93SV notebook PC I observed the same error message in CBS.log about a corrupted PINTLGB.IMD file and being unable to fix it (*). I had not experienced any system crashes, and I did not have crashes with Explorer, but I ran the scan after Windows Update required a reboot that resulted in 3 long reboot rounds of "Configuring Windows features, xx% complete, Do not turn off your computer" before finally getting to 100%, making me wonder if something had gone seriously wrong. The "Generate a system health report" also fails for me with a timeout. I wonder if maybe some corruption is already in the off factory distribution of Asus PCs?

    Thanks

    (*) Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:62{31}]"??\C:\Windows\IME\IMESC5\DICTS"[l:22{11}]"PINTLGB.IMD"; source file in store is also corrupted

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-29T06:13:12+00:00

    Because I already reinstalled windows and explorer didn't crash since then. I can't confirm if the pre-installed version of office 2010 is the cause.

    At the moment I've still the office 2010 version installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments