Windows 7 Home Premium Corrupted file PINTLGB.IMD

Anonymous
2011-09-24T18:07:40+00:00

Since a week I've encountered serious troubles with my Windows Explorer, it kept crashing and it was almost impossible to reach my documents. I ran sfc /scannow and the following came up:

 "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".

I had a look at cbs.logs and the files that could not be repaired are three files much the same as this;

CSI    00000232 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"PINTLGB.IMD" of Microsoft-Windows-IME-Simplified-Chinese-Core, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

After thorough searching (I did a clean boot without any result, so I think no third-party software was involved) I found no solution and decided to reinstall windows  today. Just after succesfully installing windows, I again did the sfc /scannow, the result was the same corrupted file as shown above. How is this possible? I do not know if this corrupted file is the cause of the crashing of my windows explorer and until now (after reinstalling windows) I'v not experienced any crash.

But I want to be sure that this corrupted file doesn't cause any more troubles, how can I solve this and why is it corrupted after a succesful install of windows 7?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sébastien

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-04-05T10:59:08+00:00

Hi all!

I have an ASUS X53E and encountred excactly the same problems as you all. I solved it by uninstalling the ASUS Webstorage appliance through the control panel. It turns out that was what caused me the problems. Hope that (quick) solution works for you aswell!

Seems to have worked for me too.

I recall in the last few days just browsing and launching some of the asus software bundled and that coincided with this explorer problem rearing it's ugly head.

Thanks for your help!

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-20T16:59:57+00:00

    Wow, I've had this problem since I bought my Asus in 2012 and today 2016 I finally got it fixed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-11T16:20:09+00:00

    Problem now fixed

    well for me

    Installed an ISO of windows 7 and only installed the Asus software I wanted after installing the ASUS ATK/ACPI driver

    ran a cmd scan after each and every programme I installed and they all came back clean

    Time consuming I know but I am a very happy bunny.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-05T20:31:38+00:00

    It might be in 2 different directories. I don't have time to check, but you might try that. 

    Hi 

    How do I do that?

    Please keep simple 

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-05T19:00:34+00:00

    It might be in 2 different directories. I don't have time to check, but you might try that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments