Please find me a way to get back into my email (Email address removed) I have important stuff there

Anonymous
2011-07-03T00:30:34+00:00

I need to get into my account, when can this be done, it is urgent, I use the same password for almost everything, what's going on?

Original title: Please find me a way to get back into my email (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) I have important stuff there, when can yu get me back in?

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-07-04T01:17:50+00:00

Straight forward:  Your account is toast possibly because you did not follow some straight forward rules about accounts.

  1. Always setup any recovery options available for online accounts.  Alternative email accounts, text messaging, questions & answer reset options, etc.
  2. Utilize different passwords for accounts - otherwise if ONE account gets compromised, then they all do.  Probably your house key is/was different than your office key is/was different than your car key is/was different than your lock box key - and for good reason.  Security is/always has been a layered thing because it works.

Straight forward: This is a peer-to-peer forum - means we are the same as you.  No special access, no special powers.  All we can do is give you advice *if* there is any to give.  While some of the people here might have more knowledge on a given subject than others - most of them (there are a few Microsoft employees that frequent these groups - none that could likely *actually* fix anything directly -but they are here) are just volunteers that do something else for a living and happen to know a lot and are willing to give their time to help.

Straight forward: "old timers", I think you will find that some of the people who help out the most here have been doing it for a long time and are, quite possibly, older than you.  It's not an "age" thing.  Some people helping here are septuagenarians and octogenarians.

Straight forward: Just like everything else in life - if there is something you cannot do, you either have to teach yourself, find some way of learning it and/or pay someone else to do it for you.

Your email account (no idea which one because you gave your full email address and these forums will hide that because it can be farmed and used to spam you (for one thing)) has been 'lost' to you somehow.

You haven't really given much to go on.

Everyone here assumes it was a Hotmail, MSN or Windows Live account because you have made the assumption these peer-to-peer forums about the Windows operating system (nothing to do with your email - you could likely get your email on an iPhone, iPad, Macintosh, Android phone, some "smart" television sets, etc and so on; so the Operating System doesn't matter in most cases)  would 'have someone who controlled your email' on them.

So - straight forward - if you want assistance, you have to be willing to provide information in the best manner you can and ask for further assistance when you do not understand what is being asked of you.  Just like the rest of life.  ;-)

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-02T16:34:20+00:00

    https://www.hotmail.com/

     . . . still works . . . 

    Logon with your credentials.

    ( It'll just forward you to: https://outlook.live.com/owa/ )

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-02T16:27:17+00:00

    where do i find my e-mails for hotmail

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-01T21:50:13+00:00

    This is, always has been, likely always will be a peer-to-peer volunteer-based public web forum.  You are not speaking to Microsoft directly.

    You seem to indicate that your email was compromised at some point.  I take it you took the proper security precautions (two step authentication, recovery options setup, periodic password changes, etc.)?

    You should note that although the forum happily (and understandably) hid your email address, it did not hide your supposed telephone number: it is suggested you remove that (edit) from your post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-08-01T21:43:47+00:00

    I need to get into my account, when can this be done, it is urgent, I use the same password for almost everything, what's going on?

    I changed my password and my account ******@hotmail.com has no EMail In it. Only access to other Microsoft services store, news anything but EMail. You also gave me an outlook address about 2 years ago. I see my Email on my Android phone so it is there. My other phone had it also outlook in a weird format that I could not read. But it was there the many, many E-Mails that were their. Whats up I always have to get codes to access the account constantly. Then today it said my account may have been used for sending weird EMail Information. That it may not have been me.

    I am not the President or Governor or High Profile Celebrity.

     Unhappy, Dissatisfied Customer. You treat me like I am a moron.

    Lorraine Lowry

    480-208-2979

    ******@gmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments