I've had this problem on and off since I had Windows Vista. It doesn't happen as often now that I have Windows 7. This is what I do...I open the "Windows Task Manager" by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Del" or pressing "Shift and Ctrl" keys together then press "Esc". Click the "Processes" tab and looked for "**explorer.exe".**Select that and click "End Process" at the bottom. The taskbar and the entire system tray will be gone, but that's okay. You will go back to the Windows Task Manager. This time in the "Applications" tab, click on "New Task" button. Type "explorer.exe". The Sound and Battery/Power icons will reappear. Hope this helps. =)
Power/Battery Icon Missing from System Tray Windows 7
I have lost my power/battery icon from the system tray. I've tried a few of the things listed on here but is still seems to be giving me trouble.
Like many others here, it is grayed out and selected to "off". I'm not sure what to do now.
I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium.
I happened to notice this at about the same time (thought it might be coincidence) that I removed Kasperskey and added Norton 360.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-09-15T14:51:38+00:00 Thank you so much, it really worked for me.
-
Anonymous
2014-10-24T05:56:07+00:00 Thank you so much. It worked just fine.
-
Anonymous
2015-02-15T14:36:36+00:00 Thanks! this help. I wonder why this happened in the first place.?
-
Anonymous
2015-03-14T07:38:07+00:00 processes tab is not showing in my laptop after pressing ctrl+alt+del keys