I've had this problem on and off since I had Windows Vista. It doesn't happen as often now that I have Windows 7. This is what I do...I open the "Windows Task Manager" by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Del" or pressing "Shift and Ctrl" keys together then press "Esc". Click the "Processes" tab and looked for "**explorer.exe".**Select that and click "End Process" at the bottom. The taskbar and the entire system tray will be gone, but that's okay. You will go back to the Windows Task Manager. This time in the "Applications" tab, click on "New Task" button. Type "explorer.exe". The Sound and Battery/Power icons will reappear. Hope this helps. =)
Power/Battery Icon Missing from System Tray Windows 7
I have lost my power/battery icon from the system tray. I've tried a few of the things listed on here but is still seems to be giving me trouble.
Like many others here, it is grayed out and selected to "off". I'm not sure what to do now.
I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium.
I happened to notice this at about the same time (thought it might be coincidence) that I removed Kasperskey and added Norton 360.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2011-03-27T19:18:14+00:00 First thought, did you use the Kapersky removal tool to remove it?
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
Have you, clicked a blank spot on your Taskbar>>>Properties>>>Taskbar tab, Notification Area>>>Customize>>>Bottom left on page, Turn system icons on or off
-
Anonymous
2011-03-27T19:37:43+00:00 Hi,
1st Please Reboot so nothing is interferring with this process.
Right Click Taskbar - Properties - Notification Area tab - check Volume box - if it is grayed out
then use this link. (Power, Network, and Clock are the same.)
How to Enable or Disable Windows 7 Notification System Icons (there are several methods
and you may to have use all).
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19085-system-icons-enable-disable.html
How to Turn System Icons On or Off in Windows 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/292-system-icons-turn-off.html
If needed : a Mr Fixit
System icons do not appear in the notification area in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 until you
restart the computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/945011
Hope this helps.
-
Anonymous
2011-04-01T21:17:06+00:00 I have previously tried the second recommendation. I just downloaded the kapersky removal tool and it still didn't solve the problem.
Thanks for the suggestions WillTell!
-
Anonymous
2011-04-01T21:44:22+00:00 None of these techniques worked either.
Thanks for the suggestions.....I'm just not sure what to do now.
I can't really afford to pay someone by the hour to "try" stuff.
I'm willing to try other suggestions if anyone has some.