Power/Battery Icon Missing from System Tray Windows 7

Anonymous
2011-03-27T18:46:29+00:00

I have lost my power/battery icon from the system tray.  I've tried a few of the things listed on here but is still seems to be giving me trouble.

Like many others here, it is grayed out and selected to "off".  I'm not sure what to do now.

I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium.

I happened to notice this at about the same time (thought it might be coincidence) that I removed Kasperskey and added Norton 360.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-04-07T23:27:57+00:00

I've had this problem on and off since I had Windows Vista.  It doesn't happen as often now that I have Windows 7.  This is what I do...I open the "Windows Task Manager" by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Del" or pressing "Shift and Ctrl" keys together then press "Esc".  Click the "Processes" tab and looked for "**explorer.exe".**Select that and click "End Process" at the bottom.  The taskbar and the entire system tray will be gone, but that's okay.  You will go back to the Windows Task Manager.  This time in the "Applications" tab, click on "New Task" button.  Type "explorer.exe".  The Sound and Battery/Power icons will reappear.  Hope this helps.  =)

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-09-02T02:39:38+00:00

    Thanks it worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-08-28T12:48:40+00:00

    haven't used ie in a while so this doesn't really make sense to me but it worked so thanks very much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-07-22T04:12:59+00:00

    This worked for me today. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-09T20:53:22+00:00

    My problem must go deeper.  I have tried this as well as the registry (remove IconStreams) hack with no success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments