I've had this problem on and off since I had Windows Vista. It doesn't happen as often now that I have Windows 7. This is what I do...I open the "Windows Task Manager" by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Del" or pressing "Shift and Ctrl" keys together then press "Esc". Click the "Processes" tab and looked for "**explorer.exe".**Select that and click "End Process" at the bottom. The taskbar and the entire system tray will be gone, but that's okay. You will go back to the Windows Task Manager. This time in the "Applications" tab, click on "New Task" button. Type "explorer.exe". The Sound and Battery/Power icons will reappear. Hope this helps. =)
Power/Battery Icon Missing from System Tray Windows 7
I have lost my power/battery icon from the system tray. I've tried a few of the things listed on here but is still seems to be giving me trouble.
Like many others here, it is grayed out and selected to "off". I'm not sure what to do now.
I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium.
I happened to notice this at about the same time (thought it might be coincidence) that I removed Kasperskey and added Norton 360.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-08-19T06:10:43+00:00 thanks a lot my friend....
it is very helpful to me....
I have been facing this since long time and finally i got the solution.......
thanking u again....
-
Anonymous
2013-08-16T17:19:32+00:00 I've had this problem on and off since I had Windows Vista. It doesn't happen as often now that I have Windows 7. This is what I do...I open the "Windows Task Manager" by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Del" or pressing "Shift and Ctrl" keys together then press "Esc". Click the "Processes" tab and looked for "**explorer.exe".**Select that and click "End Process" at the bottom. The taskbar and the entire system tray will be gone, but that's okay. You will go back to the Windows Task Manager. This time in the "Applications" tab, click on "New Task" button. Type "explorer.exe". The Sound and Battery/Power icons will reappear. Hope this helps. =)
Hi Lexie123,
WOW, It works like a charm. Thanks so much for your help. It worked so much. I am grateful!!!.
-
Anonymous
2013-08-06T11:39:53+00:00 I know this is an old post, but it still works!!! Thank you sooo much for posting!!!
-
Anonymous
2013-07-27T15:36:52+00:00 This did a miracle thanks so so much!