Power/Battery Icon Missing from System Tray Windows 7

Anonymous
2011-03-27T18:46:29+00:00

I have lost my power/battery icon from the system tray.  I've tried a few of the things listed on here but is still seems to be giving me trouble.

Like many others here, it is grayed out and selected to "off".  I'm not sure what to do now.

I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium.

I happened to notice this at about the same time (thought it might be coincidence) that I removed Kasperskey and added Norton 360.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-04-07T23:27:57+00:00

I've had this problem on and off since I had Windows Vista.  It doesn't happen as often now that I have Windows 7.  This is what I do...I open the "Windows Task Manager" by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Del" or pressing "Shift and Ctrl" keys together then press "Esc".  Click the "Processes" tab and looked for "**explorer.exe".**Select that and click "End Process" at the bottom.  The taskbar and the entire system tray will be gone, but that's okay.  You will go back to the Windows Task Manager.  This time in the "Applications" tab, click on "New Task" button.  Type "explorer.exe".  The Sound and Battery/Power icons will reappear.  Hope this helps.  =)

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-03T15:48:07+00:00

    Well this is what I did

    Went to Device Manager > Right clicked on every Driver that had the name "Battery" in it and just Enabled all of them. Worked like charm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-28T19:34:33+00:00

    Thanks!  I had the same problem and your remedy worked!  Love this community help site.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-20T05:10:24+00:00

    Thanks..it helped..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-03T17:45:37+00:00

    Excellent Answer and Fix!  Worked like a charm!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments