I've had this problem on and off since I had Windows Vista. It doesn't happen as often now that I have Windows 7. This is what I do...I open the "Windows Task Manager" by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Del" or pressing "Shift and Ctrl" keys together then press "Esc". Click the "Processes" tab and looked for "**explorer.exe".**Select that and click "End Process" at the bottom. The taskbar and the entire system tray will be gone, but that's okay. You will go back to the Windows Task Manager. This time in the "Applications" tab, click on "New Task" button. Type "explorer.exe". The Sound and Battery/Power icons will reappear. Hope this helps. =)
Power/Battery Icon Missing from System Tray Windows 7
I have lost my power/battery icon from the system tray. I've tried a few of the things listed on here but is still seems to be giving me trouble.
Like many others here, it is grayed out and selected to "off". I'm not sure what to do now.
I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium.
I happened to notice this at about the same time (thought it might be coincidence) that I removed Kasperskey and added Norton 360.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-07-27T15:36:52+00:00 This did a miracle thanks so so much!
-
Anonymous
2012-09-07T11:38:38+00:00 This worked for me... after another step.
Here goes (for the only laptop running Vista in my office):
Once I did the above, it didn't show the battery/power icon until i right clicked on the system tray and selected Properties.
The power check box wasn't active before the restarting explorer.exe process. It was active after. Just putting a check mark in the properties power check box, the icon was back!
Hope this helps.
-
Anonymous
2012-01-18T15:55:23+00:00 I've had this problem on and off since I had Windows Vista. It doesn't happen as often now that I have Windows 7. This is what I do...I open the "Windows Task Manager" by pressing "Ctrl + Alt + Del" or pressing "Shift and Ctrl" keys together then press "Esc". Click the "Processes" tab and looked for "**explorer.exe".**Select that and click "End Process" at the bottom. The taskbar and the entire system tray will be gone, but that's okay. You will go back to the Windows Task Manager. This time in the "Applications" tab, click on "New Task" button. Type "explorer.exe". The Sound and Battery/Power icons will reappear. Hope this helps. =)
Hi,
This worked.
Thanks for the solution:-)
-
Anonymous
2011-03-27T19:18:14+00:00 First thought, did you use the Kapersky removal tool to remove it?
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463
Have you, clicked a blank spot on your Taskbar>>>Properties>>>Taskbar tab, Notification Area>>>Customize>>>Bottom left on page, Turn system icons on or off