Getting blue screen error with "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error" message

Anonymous
2011-07-30T18:50:18+00:00

Original Title: Blue screen of death :'(Hello,

My troubles began yesterday when my Acer PC froze unexpectedly. I restarted it and it worked well for a few hours but then I got my first ever blue screen of death which told me "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error". After a few Google searches on this I reinstalled the driver for my video driver. I also ran system restore.

I switched on my PC today and not long after I started using it I got another blue screen but this time it told me the error was REFERENCE_BY_POINTER STOP: 0x00000018, 0X0000000 0x8A419DD8, 0x00000002, 0xFFFFFFFF

My PC has Windows Vista x86 32bit. I purchased it new in August 2009 with Vista installed already. I have not reformatted the PC or reinstalled Windows since purchasing it. My video card is Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

Please help me fix this!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T17:14:00+00:00

    I ran diskclean up, the biggest files were the system error ones.

    Yes it really says that. Underneath the column header "% Free" it says 0% for both of them (1.92GB free on C, 455MB free on F).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T17:48:00+00:00

    When you ran Disk CleanUp did you remove as suggested the system restore points? Are you using any other data backup software?

    Please post a picture of your Disk Management window as a shared file to your Sky Drive?

    To investigate disk space usage download and install Treesize (freeware).

    https://www.jam-software.de/customers/downloadTrial.php?article_no=80&language=EN&PHPSESSID=6odgempt76un9q9nkj7luf5be0

    Information on Treesize

    http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

    When you open Treesize select Scan from the Menu and you will see a list of drives. Click on C and it will generate a list of Folders. Post the names and the sizes of the 6 largest folders and the total at the top of the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T18:22:26+00:00

    Yes I removed the system restore points.

    468,224.0 MB C:\

    433,657.1 MB Users

    20,730.8 MB   Windows

    6,517.6 MB     Program files

    2,020.0 MB     MyWinLockerData

    1,918.9            [Files]

    1,747.8            ACER

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T18:37:51+00:00

    Nicholas

    Using Treesize what are the six largest Folders in 433,657.1 MB Users?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T18:44:57+00:00

    It's only giving me four:

    433,446.0MB Nicholas

    209.2MB         Public

    1.9MB              Default

    0.0MB              [Files]

    Within "Nicholas" the top six are:

    357,637.0MB Documents

    64,064.8 MB  Videos

    8,567.0 MB    Downloads

    2,052.0 MB    AppData

    1,116.4 MB    Pictures

    8.4 MB            [Files]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments