Getting blue screen error with "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error" message

Anonymous
2011-07-30T18:50:18+00:00

Original Title: Blue screen of death :'(Hello,

My troubles began yesterday when my Acer PC froze unexpectedly. I restarted it and it worked well for a few hours but then I got my first ever blue screen of death which told me "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error". After a few Google searches on this I reinstalled the driver for my video driver. I also ran system restore.

I switched on my PC today and not long after I started using it I got another blue screen but this time it told me the error was REFERENCE_BY_POINTER STOP: 0x00000018, 0X0000000 0x8A419DD8, 0x00000002, 0xFFFFFFFF

My PC has Windows Vista x86 32bit. I purchased it new in August 2009 with Vista installed already. I have not reformatted the PC or reinstalled Windows since purchasing it. My video card is Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

Please help me fix this!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-08-03T19:36:57+00:00

    My PC froze again shortly after I started it today, no blue screen though. I installed Malwarebytes and am running a full scan now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-08-03T21:17:35+00:00

    Malwarebytes found nothing bad. Is this problem something I can't fix, will I have to buy a new PC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-06T00:43:38+00:00

    It's a bit early so suggest buying a new PC.

    Can you do the following?:

    Start > type eventvwr in the "Search programs and files" box and press "Enter" > expand "Custom Views" and then right-click "Administrative Events" > select "Save all events in Custom View As" and save as an .evtx file

    Then make the resulting .evtx file available via Windows Live SkyDrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-08-06T08:57:05+00:00

    Done :)

    I received a blue screen again yesterday and it told me:

    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    It mentioned the file HDAudBus.sys

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-08-07T02:22:07+00:00

    Can you make the minidump file from the last crash available via Windows Live SkyDrive?

    Also can you check here?:

    Start > type view advanced system settings in the "Search programs and files box" and press "Enter" > then press "Settings" under "Performance" > Advanced > press "Change" under "Virtual Memory' > then make sure "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" is selected > OK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments