Thank you for your help and advice auggy. I have uninstalled Rapport (I am worried though as that is an online safety programme).
I will run a checkdisk when I start my PC tomorrow morning.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Original Title: Blue screen of death :'(Hello,
My troubles began yesterday when my Acer PC froze unexpectedly. I restarted it and it worked well for a few hours but then I got my first ever blue screen of death which told me "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error". After a few Google searches on this I reinstalled the driver for my video driver. I also ran system restore.
I switched on my PC today and not long after I started using it I got another blue screen but this time it told me the error was REFERENCE_BY_POINTER STOP: 0x00000018, 0X0000000 0x8A419DD8, 0x00000002, 0xFFFFFFFF
My PC has Windows Vista x86 32bit. I purchased it new in August 2009 with Vista installed already. I have not reformatted the PC or reinstalled Windows since purchasing it. My video card is Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
Please help me fix this!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for your help and advice auggy. I have uninstalled Rapport (I am worried though as that is an online safety programme).
I will run a checkdisk when I start my PC tomorrow morning.
The REFERENCE_BY_POINTER stop error did not show a third party driver caused the crash.
However the process that crashed was the "RapportService", a component of Trusteer Rapport.
I woud suggest to uninstall, at least temporarily. the Trusteer Rapport software and see if the situation improves.
Also, from the Event Viewer, there appeared to be an NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM stop error on July 29.
So consider running a chkdsk /r on the hard disk.
To run a chkdsk /r follow Steps 1 to 10 in the following link:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-check-disk-chkdsk.html
Running a chkdsk /r has the potential to take a long time and, as a general precaution, backup any critical files beforehand.
Post it here.
Ok I've created a folder called "Public" on SkyDrive with the minidump files in them, how do I post the link to this?