Getting blue screen error with "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error" message

Anonymous
2011-07-30T18:50:18+00:00

Original Title: Blue screen of death :'(Hello,

My troubles began yesterday when my Acer PC froze unexpectedly. I restarted it and it worked well for a few hours but then I got my first ever blue screen of death which told me "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error". After a few Google searches on this I reinstalled the driver for my video driver. I also ran system restore.

I switched on my PC today and not long after I started using it I got another blue screen but this time it told me the error was REFERENCE_BY_POINTER STOP: 0x00000018, 0X0000000 0x8A419DD8, 0x00000002, 0xFFFFFFFF

My PC has Windows Vista x86 32bit. I purchased it new in August 2009 with Vista installed already. I have not reformatted the PC or reinstalled Windows since purchasing it. My video card is Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

Please help me fix this!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T13:53:51+00:00

    Nicholas

    Another way to access Event Viewer. Select Start, Run, type eventvwr and press the ENTER key.

    You may need to show hidden files. Type Folder Options in the search box above the Start button and select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

    In Windows Explorer navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools" folder. Are the shortcuts to Administrative Tools there?

    If you select Ctrl+Shift+Enter does it bring up Task Manager? When Task Manager and Event Viewer become unavailable you need to explore the possbility of a virus/malware infestation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T13:28:55+00:00

    The latest problem report is from yesterday from when I got a blue screen:

    Description

    The Windows User-Mode Driver Framework detected that a driver host-process did not exit when directed to do so. 

    This report contains information about the process and the drivers running within and will be used to improve the quality of these drivers.

    Problem signature

    Problem Event Name:    WUDFHostProblem

    EventClass:                      HostProblem

    Problem:                           Other

    DetectedBy:                      3

    UMDFVersion:                  6.0.6001.18000. (longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)

    ExitCode:                          103

    Operation:                         0

    Message:                          0

    Status:                               5b4

    OS Version:                      6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

    Locale ID:                         2057

    Files that help describe the problem

    WUDFTrace.etl

    WudfHost_2988.dm.config.evtx

    memory.hdmp

    minidump.mdmp

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-08-21T13:25:54+00:00

    When I go to Control Panel there is no "Administrative Tools".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-08-20T23:20:32+00:00

    I'm sorry but I cannot find this "Action Center" anywhere.

    Try here (for Windows Vista):

    Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System >  Performance > Problem Reports and Solutions > View Problem History

    You can also check the Event Viewer as suggested by Gerry C J Cornell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments