Yes Nicholas 25% of the drive..
When you have achieved this we will need to see whether the creation of shadow copies is working properly.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Original Title: Blue screen of death :'(Hello,
My troubles began yesterday when my Acer PC froze unexpectedly. I restarted it and it worked well for a few hours but then I got my first ever blue screen of death which told me "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error". After a few Google searches on this I reinstalled the driver for my video driver. I also ran system restore.
I switched on my PC today and not long after I started using it I got another blue screen but this time it told me the error was REFERENCE_BY_POINTER STOP: 0x00000018, 0X0000000 0x8A419DD8, 0x00000002, 0xFFFFFFFF
My PC has Windows Vista x86 32bit. I purchased it new in August 2009 with Vista installed already. I have not reformatted the PC or reinstalled Windows since purchasing it. My video card is Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
Please help me fix this!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes Nicholas 25% of the drive..
When you have achieved this we will need to see whether the creation of shadow copies is working properly.
The page file is 2.46GB in size.
So you're saying I need at least 120GB free on the C drive? :(
Nicholas
This is what you said earlier!
"Configuring the Page file for crash dump failed. Make sure there is a page file on the boot partition and that is large enough to contain all physical memory."
"The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit."
The pagefile if on C and managed by Windows will yield disk space grumbling as it does so. Eventually it will not be large enough to run the system and the system fails for lack of memory!
How large is your pagefile and is it on C?
You may need to show hidden files. Type Folder Options in the search box above the Start button and select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.
Your pagefile is pagefile.sys in the root of C i.e c:\pagefile.sys.
What you're saying makes sense but I've had this low amount of free space for over a year without any problems. Why would my PC start going wrong now?
Nicholas
Your system is failing because you have 357 gb of documents! What are you doing to generate such a colossal volume of documents! What programme or programmes are you using to generate these documents?
You need to have 120 gb free disk space on C!