Getting blue screen error with "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error" message

Anonymous
2011-07-30T18:50:18+00:00

Original Title: Blue screen of death :'(Hello,

My troubles began yesterday when my Acer PC froze unexpectedly. I restarted it and it worked well for a few hours but then I got my first ever blue screen of death which told me "video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error". After a few Google searches on this I reinstalled the driver for my video driver. I also ran system restore.

I switched on my PC today and not long after I started using it I got another blue screen but this time it told me the error was REFERENCE_BY_POINTER STOP: 0x00000018, 0X0000000 0x8A419DD8, 0x00000002, 0xFFFFFFFF

My PC has Windows Vista x86 32bit. I purchased it new in August 2009 with Vista installed already. I have not reformatted the PC or reinstalled Windows since purchasing it. My video card is Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset

Please help me fix this!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-08-19T21:56:25+00:00

    I'm sorry but I cannot find this "Action Center" anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-08-19T02:21:45+00:00

    Can you check here?:

    Open the Action Center on the taskbar > Maintenance > View reliability history > View all problem reports

    Can you right-click on this recent "Windows" "Stopped working" error > View technical details

    What are the details of the error?

    This information should also be logged in the Event Viewer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-08-18T19:12:59+00:00

    Just when I thought it had been fixed I got a blue screen today :(

    But I looked in my minidump folder and there isn't one for today *confused*

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-08-13T02:35:16+00:00

    You're welcome. Glad to see it is working better now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-08-12T23:52:34+00:00

    After installing the driver from the link you provided, my PC seems to be working fine. After launching my browser and opening multiple tabs it worked fine with no freezing or blue screen as before. The only thing that seems different is that when using my mouse the cursor will sometimes dart sharply across the page for no apparent reason but this is very minor compared to the blue screen!

    Thank you for solving my problem, I had to throw away my last PC because it kept freezing, I didn't get it fixed and then it died. I'm glad that what solved it was reinstalling a driver rather than something physically wrong with it! Cheers :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments