Windows Update error 0x8007066A or 66A

Anonymous
2011-07-28T17:59:30+00:00

Hello,

I get Windows Update error “0x8007066A” or “66A” when installing updates using Windows Update or Microsoft Update, Is this a known issue? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

71 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-09T04:41:42+00:00

    help me now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-10T01:59:49+00:00

    Tried the repair solution and was informed that a previous installation required my computer to be restarted. I got the following message:

    Blocking Issues:

    Setup cannot continue because a previous installation requires your computer to be restarted. Please restart your computer and rerun Setup

    What previous installation? The latest updates, all of which passed except for . net framework?

    I've also been having shutdown and restart issues with Windows. Could the .net framework update or installation glitch be the cause of this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-10T03:12:23+00:00

    i have promble  micrusoft  what surch i do  plesase help fix thank you ? i dont what  i have so  many error

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-10T11:03:07+00:00

    all forder

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments