Windows Update error 0x8007066A or 66A

Anonymous
2011-07-28T17:59:30+00:00

Hello,

I get Windows Update error “0x8007066A” or “66A” when installing updates using Windows Update or Microsoft Update, Is this a known issue? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

71 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-09-25T13:06:39+00:00

    Hello,

    I get Windows Update error “0x8007066A” or “66A” when installing updates using Windows Update or Microsoft Update, Is this a known issue? How do I fix this?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-25T13:19:30+00:00

    help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-10-02T08:50:56+00:00

    I have tried to do updates but it does not work. It will not let me. I can't down load any updates. Need help, Jan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-10-04T02:24:44+00:00

    If you receive Windows Update error 8007066A or 66A, it means that Windows has found corrupted files on your PC while trying to install updates to Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. Follow these troubleshooting steps to address this problem. If one method doesn't work, try the next.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments