Windows Update error 0x8007066A or 66A

Anonymous
2011-07-28T17:59:30+00:00

Hello,

I get Windows Update error “0x8007066A” or “66A” when installing updates using Windows Update or Microsoft Update, Is this a known issue? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

71 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2011-10-07T06:58:13+00:00

    I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have purchased a laptop with Office installed and I have problem with the Product key. On the back of the laptop there is a 25-characters number, which is Product key, but I can't register Microsoft Office. I have used Microsoft Genuine Advantage diagnostic tool, which showed me last few numbers of the Product key and it didn't match with the one writen on the back of my laptop. The other numbers do not correspond with the one I have. I have purchased the laptop from MSI.

    Please provide me with the solution of this problem as soon as possible because I can't open any of the Microsoft Office tools.

    I KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT TOPIC, BUT PLEASE HELP ME, I DON'T KNOW TO WHO TO TALK TO. MICROSOFT CHARGES ALL THE SUPPORT ANSWERS!!!

    THANK YOU

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-10-05T04:28:54+00:00

    Hi, have been experiencing similar for ages but unable to repair .NET Framework 4.

    1. Only options I get is uninstall/change
    2. Tried 'change' but before I could do anything received a 'pop up' "setup encountered an unexpected error in the package contents. The package will not be installed. Please contact your vendor for a new package."

    ... Help!    8-)

    You have got to uninstall your .NET Framework and do a clean re-install of above mentioned .NET Product........

    if can't uninstall your .NET using Normal Mode the boot your system using Safe Mode and then try uninstalling the .NET and see if it helps.......

    If not then use the .NET Framework uninstaller......

    http://www.aboutonlinetips.com/repair-remove-and-uninstall-net-framework/ (Use this if you want to uninstall .NET Framework 4)

    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=23007(Use this if you want to uninstall .NET Framework 3.0)

    after the clean-up do a clean install of .NET and see if it helps.......

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you're using Windows 7 then you can use System Restore  to restore your computer to an earlier time when everything was all right.......(1st use this step,if it doesn't solve your problem the do the above mentioned steps)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments