Windows Update error 0x8007066A or 66A

Anonymous
2011-07-28T17:59:30+00:00

Hello,

I get Windows Update error “0x8007066A” or “66A” when installing updates using Windows Update or Microsoft Update, Is this a known issue? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

71 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-17T00:28:55+00:00

    How can fix this  windows update error 0x8007066A

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2011-10-09T00:32:58+00:00

    please fix error i dont know how thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-10-08T06:01:07+00:00

    Better yet, go to pricewatch.com and find Windows XP rebuilt motherboards.  I'm not by myself about this problem.  I have talked to many local PC users and each one has told me about the same problem I have had with Windows 7 Home Premium and Pro.  When firing the PC up the first time, then when it reboots and starts operating normal, hook up an external drive.  If you saved your music or movies on that drive, forget it, they are gone. Plus, when saving a DVD data disk it takes up to 5 hours, when XP would do it in less than 15 minutes. I use Roxio 2012 Pro and Cyberlink Ultra v9 and Nero 10 HD.  Every one of the programs does the same thing, it'll sit there up to 5 or more hours before a 4.4 GB DVD is saved in the iso or nri or whatever format you choose.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments