Windows Update error 0x8007066A or 66A

Anonymous
2011-07-28T17:59:30+00:00

Hello,

I get Windows Update error “0x8007066A” or “66A” when installing updates using Windows Update or Microsoft Update, Is this a known issue? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

71 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-12-01T05:43:15+00:00

    HELP! Is  there anyone out there to help resolve these error codes? I don't have my new printer installed, so the long lists of suggestions don't help! Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-12-01T05:41:40+00:00

    HELP! Is  there anyone out there to help resolve these error codes? I don't have my new printer installed, so the long lists of suggestions don't help! Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2011-11-29T17:19:35+00:00

    I also am having this issue of Code 66A with the following updates: KB2478663, KB2487367, KB2518870, KB2468871, and KB2533523 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Service Pack 1.

    I have tried the Repair as mentioned and the repair does not complete successfully, actually the following occurs: .NET Framework 4 Client Profile has not been repaired because: Fatal error during installation.

    There is also a log file for this, however, I am unsure as to whether I should place the details of that in here or not.

    Please help as this causing all updates to .NET framework 4 to fail.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments