Hello LD,
This error is actually caused by an issue with .NET Framework 4. You can resolve the issue by doing a repair of .NET Framework 4. See this KB article on how that’s done.
Thanks
Bobby
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I get Windows Update error “0x8007066A” or “66A” when installing updates using Windows Update or Microsoft Update, Is this a known issue? How do I fix this?
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello LD,
This error is actually caused by an issue with .NET Framework 4. You can resolve the issue by doing a repair of .NET Framework 4. See this KB article on how that’s done.
Thanks
Bobby
The Repair disk I created when I reinstalled windows did help kickstart my system. Whereas all other attempts to boot into Windows failed. It initiated a repair and windows booted up finally. However it is my strong suspicion that in order to do a proper reinstall of windows you should format the partition that is put into.
That said I should also say that I am currently using Ubuntu, a FREE operating system that is stable and often has simpler and more verbose solutions for boot problems.
Thanks Bobby!!
That resolved mine, too!
Gabriel N.
thank you
Updates does not help me. Windows 7 is the worst ever operating system. I had an XP for 7 years and never had a problem, yet I've had to restore my HP P6717 over 10 times because USB direct ports weren't recognized, can print some times yet cannot scan. Now my printers aren't recognized at all. I wish I could get a refund for my Upgrade to Windows 7 Pro. XP was the best system ever developed, yet I haven't tried Mac's yet, but may in the future due to Microsoft and Windows 7.