Windows updates failed, Want to delete all failed update files in history location

Anonymous
2010-12-18T04:10:17+00:00

Windows update section states I have 1 updates and one optional. Files download and computer restarts, but files fail to log.

Also, how can I delete all the failed window files fromhistory. Taking up lots of room.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-12-23T10:29:02+00:00

Hi Ronk109,

If the updates got installed successfully the next time, then you can directly jump to method 2 which include steps to erase Windows Update history. After following the steps, the update history will be completely wiped out. By erasing the update history, you’ll just lose the update record entry and not exactly the updates. You can still find the history of the installed updates under the option Installed updates in Windows Update window.

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support


Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-05T05:00:11+00:00

    You can remove Failed Update Logs by stopping Windows Update Service. Then go to your local hard drive. Enter Windows, to Software Distribution, to Data Restore. Empty the folder. You can then resume updating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-13T06:59:04+00:00

    Hi

    can someone help me please, I have 3 updates that they update but when I go to restart my computer they revert back to prior the update. I want to clear these updates as they are stopping other updates from going through.

    How do I delete these 3 updates please.

    computer technican has said he can't get rid of them and the only way is to set my computer back to factory default.

    Please help -

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-01T15:14:34+00:00

    I just want to say, Three years later I tried this out on a tech job at work. Some updates failed for a customer. It worked like a charm. ;) And it's our little secret.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments