My laptop times out too quickly and goes into screen saver mode.

Anonymous
2011-05-15T19:50:33+00:00

How do I change my time -out screen saver control. It seems like one minute and then the screen goes black, then screen saver pictures begin. It's very controling and irritating. Usually if I press a button on the keyboard it will come back, but not always. Please advise.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-16T13:44:16+00:00

Hi

1.       Was it working fine earlier, if yes then do remember making changes to your computer recently?

Follow these steps to change the settings for screensaver timeout:

a.       Right-click on your desktop and select "Personalize" from the menu that appears.

b.      Click on "Screen Saver" in the Personalization menu.

c.       Use the up and down arrow keys beside the "Wait" box to select the number of minutes you want the computer to wait before it activates the screensaver. You can also type the number of minutes directly into the box.

d.      Click "OK" to finalize your settings.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-21T00:51:55+00:00

    When I followed these directions, there was no "screen saver" option on my windows 10.  Problem not solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-12T08:02:08+00:00

    Find the clock on the task bar, right click >select "Show the Desktop" >find any clear space on the Desktop and right click there to begin instruction "(a)". HTH

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-12T05:14:40+00:00

    How do I change my time -out screen saver control. It seems like one minute and then the screen goes black, then screen saver pictures begin. It's very controlling and irritating. When I press a button on the keyboard it will come back. I was going to follow your instructions above but I'm unsure how to do step "a". Where do I go to so that I can right-click on my desktop? I don't know where at on my desktop I should right-click.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more