How to disable the Windows Live mail sign in Window????

Anonymous
2011-02-11T14:00:16+00:00

I have Windows 7, when I upgraded all my outlook contacts transferred to Windows Live mail. I entered the pop 3 info for my comcast email account, I have never had to sign in for over a year. Now for some reason everytime I check my email, a  sign in window appears, the email still seems to work, maybe a little more sluggish but the sign in keeps popping up. How do I disable the sign in? If I wanted to get my hotmail mail I know I would need to sign in, but I use it just like I did my outlook account that is connected to Comcast email account.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-19T12:33:39+00:00

Hi,

To disable the sign in window, open Windows Live Mail and go to:

The Windows Live Mail drop-down menu icon (top left above 'Email Message' icon).

Select 'Options', then click on 'Mail' from the selection offered.

In the mail 'Options' property pages, select the 'Connection' tab and click 'Stop Signing in' from the 'Connecting to Windows Live Services' section.

Click 'stop signing in' to any warning messages.

Click 'OK' to exit the 'Options' Property pages

That should do it.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-27T11:34:08+00:00

    It is like the one on April 4, 2014 with Firedog. However, I do not want to sign in as the part red lined - "Remember me and sign in automatically".

    ChesleyReed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-27T11:55:47+00:00

    I do not want to sign in as the part red lined - "Remember me and sign in automatically".

    Sorry, I don't understand.

    • If you don't want to sign in, don't sign in.
    • If you don't want to sign in in the future, sign in, then open the Connection tab of the program options dialogue and select Stop signing in.
    • If you do want to sign in, but you don't want it to happen automatically in the future, then don't select the red-lined option.
    • If you do want to sign in and don't want to have to sign in in the future, select the red-lined option.

    You can always change your signed-in status using the right-most button on the Home tab of the ribbon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-01T03:00:28+00:00

    No, doesn't work. It's the first thing I tried but this problem goes a little deeper.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-01T07:18:34+00:00

    Hi Harold,

    Thank you for posting here. It seems that you're also having the same inquiry as with the original poster wherein you want Windows Live Mail to disable the sign in window, is this correct?

    If yes, can you provide us a detailed information of your issue? Also, please provide us all the troubleshooting steps that you've already done so that we can isolate this and provide you with the appropriate resolution.

    We'll wait for your reply.

    Regards,

    Glenda

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments