I have Windows 7, when I upgraded all my outlook contacts transferred to Windows Live mail. I entered the pop 3 info for my comcast email account, I have never had to sign in for over a year. Now for some reason everytime I
check my email, a sign in window appears, the email still seems to work, maybe a little more sluggish but the sign in keeps popping up. How do I disable the sign in? If I wanted to get my hotmail mail I know I would need to sign in, but I use it just like
I did my outlook account that is connected to Comcast email account.
I think my issue is the same as yours. Mine was started after I had sent my first email using Skydrive. I normally attached all my photos as attachments using Windows Live Photo Gallery. However this time I used a photo email feature. Now every time I
sign into a 3rd party email account using the Windows Live 2011 email client it prompts me for a Windows Live Mail Sign in. I cancel but if I exit and open again the same sign on comes on.
To stop this from happening first sign into the Windows Live Mail. Then while in your Windows Live Mail client, click the sign out button in the upper right side of the toolbar. Then exit Windows Live mail Client and open it again. It should not prompt
for that sign in again and should not show you line with Windows live mail, but should sync your 3rd party email provider.
If that doesn't work, try going offline in Windows Live Mail client, then exit, open it back up and choose to stay offline when it prompts. Then after it opens, go back online. Then exit, and open it up again and see if it stops prompting for a logon.
This should also avoid storing those credentials on your local hard drive.
I've only tried this on my personal computer and have not tested on any different platforms other than Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Louis