How to disable the Windows Live mail sign in Window????

Anonymous
2011-02-11T14:00:16+00:00

I have Windows 7, when I upgraded all my outlook contacts transferred to Windows Live mail. I entered the pop 3 info for my comcast email account, I have never had to sign in for over a year. Now for some reason everytime I check my email, a  sign in window appears, the email still seems to work, maybe a little more sluggish but the sign in keeps popping up. How do I disable the sign in? If I wanted to get my hotmail mail I know I would need to sign in, but I use it just like I did my outlook account that is connected to Comcast email account.

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-08-19T12:33:39+00:00

Hi,

To disable the sign in window, open Windows Live Mail and go to:

The Windows Live Mail drop-down menu icon (top left above 'Email Message' icon).

Select 'Options', then click on 'Mail' from the selection offered.

In the mail 'Options' property pages, select the 'Connection' tab and click 'Stop Signing in' from the 'Connecting to Windows Live Services' section.

Click 'stop signing in' to any warning messages.

Click 'OK' to exit the 'Options' Property pages

That should do it.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-06T22:02:56+00:00

    when I go to open my window live mail 20012  it tells me theres an error  how can I fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-24T12:16:42+00:00

    Thanks. This is the right answer !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-15T02:53:53+00:00

    I have Windows 7, when I upgraded all my outlook contacts transferred to Windows Live mail. I entered the pop 3 info for my comcast email account, I have never had to sign in for over a year. Now for some reason everytime I check my email, a  sign in window appears, the email still seems to work, maybe a little more sluggish but the sign in keeps popping up. How do I disable the sign in? If I wanted to get my hotmail mail I know I would need to sign in, but I use it just like I did my outlook account that is connected to Comcast email account.


    Everytime I open up WLM I get this pop up that says that some errors occured, that I'm to

    look below for a lest of errors to get more details.

    Their's only one problem there is know errors! And I wish this pop up would quit poping

    up!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-19T17:47:29+00:00

    the 'stop signing in' tab is grayed out

    Then you're not normally signing in and your problem is a different one. Please describe in detail the sign-in (or is it log on?) box you're seeing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments